2. Hazel meets Hecate

Y/n POV

"What happened?" Leo asked as Hazel climbed aboard the Argo II. I could see her hand shaking I quickly acknowledged that "Hazel, why is your hand shaking what happened? Are you hurt?"

Suddenly her knees buckled and she almost fell but Nico and Leo caught her. "I met Hecate," she managed. I quickly ran to her. "Ok don't speak. Leo help me take her to her room. You need to rest." 

"No, it's fine." Then Hazel told us about the crossroads which the goddess offered. After she was done. 

"Hazel, you met Hecate at a crossroads. That's...that's something many demigods don't survive. And the ones who do survive are never the same. Are you sure you're—"

"I'm fine," she insisted. She didn't look fine. But this girl was stubborn. 

"What if Hecate is tricking us?" Reasonable question by Leo. 

Hazel shook her head. "If it was a trap, I think Hecate would've made the northern route sound tempting. Believe me, she didn't."

Leo pulled a calculator out of his tool belt and punched in some numbers. "That's...something like three hundred miles out of our way to get to Venice. Then we'd have to backtrack down the Adriatic. And you said something about baloney dwarfs?"

"Dwarfs in Bologna," Hazel said. "I guess Bologna is a city. But why we have to find dwarfs there...I have no idea. Some sort of treasure to help us with the quest."

"Huh," Leo said. "I mean, I'm all about treasure, but—"

"It's our best option." Nico helped Hazel to her feet. "We have to make up for lost time, travel as fast as we can. Percy's and Annabeth's lives might depend on it."

"Fast?" Leo grinned. "I can do fast."

He hurried to the console and started flipping switches. Hazel and Nico went out of earshot. I left them to it invasion of privacy is not a good habit. 

Anyways at night, Leo went to sleep and he convinced me to also sleep. I didn't want to but if I didn't listen to Leo he'll tell Piper who'll then not let me help her in anyway and whenever I tried to she'll  just say "you don't listen to me I don't listen to you." 

I did eventually sleep but I saw Hylla. They were working on some kind of security device but Hylla was not alone next to her was a girl with short black hair and blue eyes that looked like ice. Then, Hylla spoke " Orion is hunting us, he has already killed Doris." That hit me like bricks. I hated her the most but for some reason her death made me Feel sadness that I hadn't experienced before.

 Then the scene changed before me stood Gaia I know you cared about Doris right now only she's dead but soon everyone you love will die. It will start with your lover. 

"I don't have a lover dirt face." I retaliated.

"I know you don't but soon you will and you'll lose him as fast as you'll fall in love" Gaia said.

"Oh my gods dirt face are you homophobic? Why a he I can love a she too you know."

Then I woke up. To Piper's face she scared the daylights out of me. I asked her "Why did you squeeze through the entrance I would've woken up you know. I'm not dead." 

Piper quickly hit me. She doesn't like the death jokes. At least Nico appreciates them. 

"Nico has some new information. Change and come to mess hall. We've almost reached Bologna too." Piper said. 

I quickly bathed. Since I have short hair it's easy not as short as the girl in my dream, I wonder who she was. Who is this Orion that killed Doris. I didn't want to share this I don't want my friends to completely lose hope. I squeezed past Athena Parthenon's toes as I was doing so I noticed Leo coming out of his room. I waved at him. We went to the mess hall. I sat in between Leo and Nico