Grief...

Frank's POV

Y/n was being carried by Nico and Will. She was sobbing. I ran to her. 

"Frank, you're safe. I couldn't protect him. I couldn't protect my love. Why Frankie." She sobbed into my shirt and fell but I caught her and hugged her as she cried. I knew he would die but I didn't stop him.

"I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FRANKIE I WOULD HAVE NEVER LET HIM MEET THIS FAITH." Y/n yelled. I picked her up and Will guided me to a bench. I put y/n down and held her. I can't see her sobbing. I can't do anything I could've  stopped Leo but I didn't. At some point Hazel sat next to me and broke down. I have to be strong for them. But losing 1 important person to death and then 2 most important people to grief is difficult. I was just crying silently. 

At some point, Y/n fell asleep. Tear marks were on her face. And  a girl Clarrise La Rue guided us to the Ares cabin and provided 2 beds for Y/n and me. I set Y/n down and went outside. Everyone was busy the Apollo kids were healing, Nico was nowhere to be found, Jason, Piper, Percy and Annabeth were helping in putting away weapons used with Clarrise. The satyrs, nymphs and other nature sprites had disappeared. 

Y/n POV

I woke up in a different place.  This cabin, is similar to that of an army barrack, having twin-sized cots in the sleeping quarters, a small kitchen right off of the usually crowded living room and a large closet. Where am I? Then I saw the girl from the battle earlier, Clarrise I think.

"Hey uh Clarrise do you know where my friends are?"

She looked annoyed but she saw me and politely said "Yeah they're just outside you can meet them after dinner in amphitheater. You can sit with anyone you want there but at dinner you have to sit with your sibling children of Ares and Mars." I just nodded and went outside. I spotted Will Solace he was going somewhere. I followed him and tapped on his shoulder. I think he's younger than me but he's a giraffe. 

"Hey Will where is Nico?" I asked him.

"I haven't seen him. But go check that cabin the one painted black he'll most likely be there." He said.

"Ok thanks." I said.

I knocked on the cabin door and Nico opened the door and welcomed me inside. It's a bit creepy and dark but the vibes are chill. 

"How did you sleep?" Nico asked

"Ok ish. I want to ask you something did you feel his death?" I asked I still couldn't believe that this is the truth. Why did I not protect him?

"I don't want to get you hopes up but I felt his death but...there was something weird." 

"Weird as in"

"I don't know I can't explain but y/n I don't know if you know this but he had physician's cure. It helps in cheating death."

"Nico it's fine I accept his death and if Leo was alive he would come to us. He's not here. So he's not in this universe." 

"Y/n you can talk to me." 

"I don't need to talk to anyone. I am Fineee. Leave me but how's it going on with you and yellow flag. He seems busy talk to him."

"Y/n you know he hates me now. I let Octavian die he probably thinks I'm a monster." 

"No he doesn't I feel it in my heart."

"You aren't a child of Aphrodite you don't feel shit."

"Neither are you Sherlock. Talk to him." 

A bell? Rung and Nico told me it's time for dinner. Not in the mood. But can't say that to someone whom I threatened The eating disorder out of.  Anyways, I sat on the table I was supposed to. Frank came and sat next to me. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine." I lied. I can't let Frank see how much I want to die. 

"Hmmm ok" then we were served some food. And we had to sacrifice some food to gods. We didn't do that with Amazons. Wait are Hylla and Thalia fine? I'm so selfish no. Anyways, I ate. A good thing about these plates is that it knows what you want to eat and gives you enough without being a nuisance. 

Do I still want to vomit my food because my brain is constantly repeating his death? Yes. But am I going to bottle it up because I'm in a new place with loads of threats? Also YESSS. I like this system more sitting with your own siblings but at the same time rare demigods will be alone so not that good of a system. 

Anyways, I didn't go to amphitheater not ready to socialise. I was still exhausted from talking to Frank and Nico. I was just taking a walk and I saw Leo! He's alive omg Nico was right!! But when I approached him he moved away. What is he doing? Suddenly someone grabbed my hand. It was Jason.

"Jason see Leo's there let me go please leave me." 

"Y/n there is no one. " 

"No see he's there look please." 

"Y/n, what  are you talking about? There is nothing there." 

"Jason leave me."

"If I will leave you will fall off this cliff." 

There was nothing there Leo was gone. Jason let him leave.

"You are not a good friend! I COULD'VE STOPPED HIM WHY?! Why is everyone doing this to me? I'm fine."

Then, Piper came to me. And Jason told her something.

"Y/n there is nothing. We can't see anything. Leo is gone. Please. No one's lying. Come with us we'll figure out what's happening. Ok dear."

"Ok" I'm pretty sure she's charmspeaking but whatever. She took his hand and  led me to Cabin One and took me inside, where the huge statue of Hippie Zeus glowered in the dim light. What were they doing here? One of the marble columns that ringed the circular chamber. On the back, almost hidden against the wall, iron rungs led upward – a ladder.  Huh? 

They led me to the roof. "What were you guys doing?"

"Uhhhhh we were hanging out and then I spotted you standing at the edge and flew to you and Yeah."

"Why were you hanging out on the roof?" 

"Because it's after curfew, silly." 

"But I was only out for a few minutes. How did time pass so quickly? That a question for other time but you guys knew it was after curfew yet you snuck out." 

They both were now blushing like crazy. "Do what you want. I'm going to sleep." I said.

"We can't leave you at the cabin. Too dangerous. Judy go downstairs and sleep on my bed." Jason said.

"What if you guys want to sleep?"

"Well I'll just sleep on the roof and Pipes can sleep on Thalia's bed." 

"We will most likely not sleep though." Piper said.

"Gross I'm going to sleep. Don't make any sound."

"I thought Le- I mean you're so disgusting that's not what I meant. Goodnight." 

I went to sleep. I know she wanted to compare me to Leo. But I'm not as great as him. I'll probably leave for Camp Jupiter tomorrow morning.