19. I VOLUNTEER! I VOLUNTEER!!

"Wait a second. Why are you going? So sudden? 4 is not a good number." Leo said.

"The voice in the temple told me to follow Minerva. And to reach the traitor. I can't do that with you guys." I said.

"Y/n no why are you going? Maybe Minerva was Professor McGonnagall, like we have to do a Harry Potter binge watch." Leo said. He sounded too desperate to be funny. His words were funny but the tone wasn't. It was like he wished if I laughed I would stay. 

"You know full well that, that isn't what that means." I said. 

"Her points make sense. This is the same voice that guided Frank right? Also, there is a line about the animal linguist killing the traitor in the prophecy." Reyna said. 

"Yeah, it is true but y/n can you talk to animals?" Annabeth asked. 

"Yes." I said. 

"Then it is decided. Me, Nico, Y/n and Coach take Athena Parthenon to Camp half blood. Again, Any objections?" Reyna said.

Leo looked like he had a lot of objections but he didn't say anything. He just tightly held my hand with one hand and another hand pulled me in a protective hug. While he rested his chin on my head. I know I'll meet him again but it almost seems like I wouldn't. Overthinking is a bad thing. Shut up brain. Let me enjoy this moment. 

Coach tapped his hooves like an excited child. Even though this was dangerous. 

Nico rose. "I should go, too, and rest before the first passage. We'll meet at the statue at sunset."

Once he was gone, Hazel frowned. "He's acting strangely. I'm not sure he's thinking this through."

"He'll be okay," Jason said. Then he gave me look like I won't regret saying this right? I just shot him a quick you won't.

"I hope you're right." She passed her hand over the ground. Diamonds broke the surface—a glittering milky way of stones. "We're at another crossroads. The Athena Parthenos goes west. The Argo II goes east. I hope we chose correctly."

"One thing bothers me," Percy said. "If the Feast of Spes is in two weeks, and Gaea needs the blood of two demigods to wake—what did Clytius call it? The blood of Olympus?—then aren't we doing exactly what Gaea wants, heading to Athens? If we don't go, and she can't sacrifice any of us, doesn't that mean she can't wake up fully?"

"Percy, prophecies cut both ways," Annabeth  said. "If we don't go, we may lose our best and only chance to stop her. Athens is where our battle lies. We can't avoid it. Besides, trying to thwart prophecies never works. Gaea could capture us somewhere else, or spill the blood of some other demigods."

"Yeah, you're right," Percy said. "I don't like it, but you're right."

"Well!" She sheathed her blade and patted her cornucopia. "Good picnic. Who wants dessert?"

Leo lead me to his room. Author here, no dirty thoughts. He closed the door. Coach will kill me. "Why did you volunteer for death?"

"We all are. It's fine. I'll be fine. Even if I didn't get that message I would've still went because of Nico he is  also like my brother." I said.

"You and that weirdo. Why do you even care for him? He's so scary. He'll probably abandon you guys. He's a child of underworld, don't trust him." Leo said.

"Leo, when did you become so hateful? Would you say the same thing about Hazel? He's not weird he's a little boy who has seen a lot of suffering. He covers it up but he's very hurt inside. I just want to be there to support him. Frank has a lot of people to support him but Nico only has me, Hazel, Frank and Jason sometimes. You have also been very mean to him at times. Like now." 

"Everyone who loves me. Leaves me. I shouldn't have kissed you. Why do I always love the one who hurts m—"

I kissed him this one was very passionate. And full of reassurance way better than the first one. No one interrupted us. And I tugged on his hair a bit. Very early on I realised that he liked that. When I hated him in fact back then I did it to hurt him but now it was out of affection. After we were done. 

I said in between pants "Leo, I won't hurt you. I swear on River Styx, I won't hurt you on purpose. I love you my Fire hazard Valdez. I will forever love you." 

Leo's POV 

"Leo, I won't hurt you. I swear on River Styx, I won't hurt you on purpose. I love you my Fire hazard Valdez. I will forever love you." She said. Her stone on the necklace was a very bright baby pink. 

"When do you leave?" I asked

"In the morning." Her stone turned blue. I made her sad, fuck. I would've never guessed she was sad because of this smile that looked like it represented tranquility. 

"I'll go and rest now it's going to be a few long weeks." She started to leave.

"Stay with me. I'll sleep on the floor. I don't want you to go, please." I said

She gave this smile and her stone changed to yellow. At least she's happy. "Ok, I will you don't need to sleep on the floor. Just because we are dating doesn't mean we  can't share a bed without being devious." 

"It's fine if you want to be devious."

"LEO!"

"Don't yell if we are caught coach will murder us then ground us for eternity."

"Oh so you know."

We went to bed and got a blanket. Honestly, I was very warm according to y/n so she kicked the blanket after about 5 minutes. I couldn't sleep. I didn't like that the day we finally confessed is the day we were separated. I know not exactly but it feels like that. She was snuggled against my chest but then she moved in sleep and had her face in my neck. I think she likes my neck.

I remember the first time she slept on my shoulder. That was when we were slowly becoming friends. I can't believe this is the girl that slapped me the first time she met me. Also, when she said I had hatred for Nico I felt guilty because she is correct. I'll apologise to him. She put it into perspective about how mean I have been to him. I don't know what he suffered early in life but I know he survived Tartarus. I don't know when but I fell asleep. It was the best sleep I have had in a while.