17. Manipulation

I have never went that long without shouting a battle cry. I was glowing it made me focus easier. I only saw enemies. The telkehines came to attack me but I sliced them in a speed that even I couldn't fathom. I also protected Nico in the process, he didn't  need me to protect him but I was fighting alongside him because he had the sceptre which put him in a vulnerable position. 

Empousai were trying to talk Nico out of summoning the whole legion in the history of world but it didn't work. I'm so glad he is gay. Then, they tried attacking him but I attacked before they could process. If you told younger me that I literally sliced a empousai in half, she would ask "why would I believe you?" I was a sceptic since birth. If we go younger I would probably ask "Is that a Pokémon?" Big fan, not really though I only knew Pikachu.

With that empousai, the battle was over. That was also when I noticed that Frank was on fire. 

Nico cleared his throat. "Uh...you also have an arrow sticking through your arm."

"I know." Frank snapped off the point of the arrow and pulled out the shaft by the tail. "I'll be fine."

"I'm proud of you, Frankie." "Please don't call me Frankie. Also, you always say that."

Piper made him eat a piece of ambrosia. As she bandaged his wound, she said, "Frank, you were amazing. Completely terrifying, but amazing." He looked at me and I gave him a look like see I'm correct. Then, he yelled "My sister is bleeding first help her."

"I'm not, Frank. Piper help him."

"Your leg is drenched in blood" Piper observed.

"Fuck." 

I think the key for ending the blessing of Mars was swearing because right after that I almost fell but Nico caught me. I don't think falling would've hurt me but it was a nice gesture. That reminded me of Leo. Wait where are Leo and Hazel?

"Where are Leo and Hazel, Frankie?"

"They were separated. They went on to the doors of death." 

Nico held up his scepter, its orb dark and dormant. "The dead won't stay much longer, now that the battle is over."

Frank faced his troops. "Legion!"

The zombie soldiers snapped to attention.

"You fought well," Frank told them. "Now you may rest. Dismissed." They crumbled into piles of bones, armor, shields, and weapons. Then even those disintegrated.

"Hazel and Leo," he said. "We need to find them."

At the other end of the cavern, the tunnel Hazel and Leo had entered was buried under tons of rubble.

"We can't go that way," Nico said. "Maybe..."

Suddenly he staggered. He would have fallen, if Jason hadn't caught him.

"Nico!" Piper said. "What is it?"

"The Doors," Nico said. "Something's happening. Percy and Annabeth... we need to go now."

"But how?" Jason said. "That tunnel is gone."

Frank clenched his jaw. He hadn't come this far to stand around helplessly while his friends were in trouble. "It won't be fun," he said, "but there's another way." 

We were travelling through Gods know what. We were squeezed between rocks?  Then, there was a small corridor. I was at last Frank was leading with Nico, Piper, Jason. Then suddenly, We all fell in a hole. And we were trapped in a cage. Before us stood like 4-5 Minotaur. The sorceress was Pasiphaë. How could I have forgotten she was the queen Daedalus helped.