16. Rome, here Percy and Annabeth come

Y/n POV 

WHY TF WAS I TOUCHING LEO'S CHEEK?! I KNEW I DID THAT BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH WHY WAS FRANK NOT THERE OMG KILL ME.??? WHY DID LEO NOT WAKE ME?? HE LOOKED SO AWKWARD AND RED. IT LOOKED LIKE HE HAS A SUNBURN WHY GODS WHY ME?? APHRODITE WHY DO YOU PLAY WITH ME LIKE THIS?

I quickly ran to Frank this bitch was eating while I was dying inside. 

Y/n: Frank, you're my brother right?

Frank: Gods y/n you scared me and yes you're did you get that tired that you forgot.

Y/n: No you dumbass I didn't forget but why was Leo next to me instead of you. Do you not care about me?

Frank: I do care. Annabeth assigned us tasks and Leo's was to take care of you. 

I sat next to him in defeat. Why Annabeth I love you why do you hate me? Then I heard Leo. 

"We're setting down in that park," Leo announced, pointing to a wide green space dotted with palm trees. "Let's hope the Mist makes us look like a large pigeon or something."

Frank and I went to the dock I'm not going to look Leo in his eyes I feel too bad. Jason pointed to the base of the archers' wall, where steps led down into some kind of tunnel.

"I think I know where we are," he said. "That's the Tomb of the Scipios."

Percy frowned. "Scipio...Reyna's pegasus?"

"No," Annabeth put in. "They were a noble Roman family, and...wow, this place is amazing."

Jason nodded. "I've studied maps of Rome before. I've always wanted to come here, but..."

Nobody bothered finishing that All of us were in awe of the city. That made it easier to not make eye contact.

"Plans?" Hazel asked. "Nico has until sunset—at best. And this entire city is supposedly getting destroyed today."

Percy shook himself out of his daze. "You're right. Annabeth...did you zero in on that spot from your bronze map?

"Yes," she said carefully. "It's on the Tiber River. I think I can find it, but I should—"

"Take me along," Percy finished. "Yeah, you're right." Annabeth glared daggers at him. "That's not—"

"Safe," he supplied. "One demigod walking through Rome alone. I'll go with you as far as the Tiber. We can use that letter of introduction, hopefully meet the river god Tiberinus. Maybe he can give you some help or advice. Then you can go on alone from there." 

Their staring match scared me I didn't want my brother to be killed by his girlfriend. But eventually Annabeth silently agreed. 

"Fine," Annabeth muttered. "Hazel, now that we're in Rome, do you think you can pinpoint Nico's location?"

Hazel blinked, as if coming out of a trance from watching the Percy/Annabeth Show. "Um...hopefully, if I get close enough. I'll have to walk around the city. Frank, would you come with me?"

Frank beamed. "Absolutely."

"And, uh...Leo and y/n," Hazel added. "It might be a good idea if you came along too. The fish-centaurs said we'd need your help with something mechanical and y/n because they wanted you guys to work as a team."

"Yeah," Leo said, "no problem." It definitely looked like he had some problem.

I was going to protest but Frank looked at me With puppy eyes how can I say no to that face? "Alright, let's go!" "Good luck Annabeth and when do we meet back here. Any ideas?"

Piper drew her knife and set it on the rail. "Jason and I can watch the ship for now. I'll see what Katoptris can show me. But, Hazel, if you guys get a fix on Nico's location, don't go in there by yourselves. Come back and get us. It'll take all of us to fight the giants."

She didn't say the obvious: even all of them together wouldn't be enough, unless they had a god on their side. I decided not to bring that up.

"And as y/n said yes how about Three this afternoon?" Jason suggested. "That's probably the latest we could rendezvous and still hope to fight the giants and save Nico. If something happens to change the plan, try to send an Iris-message." 

I was extremely worried about Annabeth. I know that she'll survive and be fine at least I hope she's very strong and smart but that doesn't mean I can't worry for her. 

Coach Hedge grunted. "That'll give me time to eat the coconuts—I mean dig the coconuts out of our hull. Percy, Annabeth...I don't like you two going off on your own. Just remember: behave. If I hear about any funny business, I will ground you until the Styx freezes over." The idea of getting grounded when they were about to risk their lives was so ridiculous, Percy couldn't help smiling it felt good to see that smile I hope they don't lose that.

"We'll be back soon.Good luck, everyone." Percy said. 

"I know you will be Jackson. Annabeth you're smart you'll be fine Percy's too stupid alone."

Annabeth smiled and Percy just said "Hey!" 

Leo lowered the gangplank, and Percy and Annabeth were first off the ship. I almost wanted to stop them but I knew I couldn't Fates will find a way to let the quest succeed. As they left I wanted to break down but my brother, friends and Valdez need me.