10. Heart to heart

Y/n POV

"Hey kiddo , can I ask you something?"

"Yeah what is it? I also have something to talk about."

"Ok, when I'm sleeping. Is Nico asleep?"

"Oh yeah he's like constantly awake. Like you sleep for some 3-5 hours but I don't think I've ever seen him sleep. He mostly sleeps when everyone is asleep."

"No he doesn't. That kid has been tricking both of us. I thought he was sleeping alongside me. I'll talk to him. What did you want to talk about?" 

"I saw Leo and you well kissing. So are you guys a couple because if you're I'll talk to Frank and convince him. Since when have you been dating?"

"WHAT?! NO. I didn't kiss him neither are we dating."

"I saw what happened when everyone was focused on the polecat. I'm supportive don't worry. Leo can be too much but he's good for you. Strict and lenient people make good kids."

"That was an accident. When Gale ran to him he turned to get away from the farting polecat and because I was on my toes he crashed into me and well my lips were just a part of it. We are just friends"

"Whatever you say. But just know I'm supportive. Also, Nico will not listen to me talk to him he might listen to you. Also I'm supportive" 

"I'm going. Bye"

I love Hazel with all my heart but gods she just made me so embarrassed. When did she see them. How? Did Nico tell her? Also, why is Nico lying to me? It explains why even though he's here he's not getting better like he's still that sickly pale. He also hasn't been eating. Why is he doing this. Does he not trust me? I thought he trusted me.

I was overboard just alone with my thoughts then Piper came. My heart sank to my stomach. She's also going to talk about 'the incident'. But I was surprised she just sat next to me and said "What did you notice when we were at the lair of Sciron? I noticed a shift in your emotions."

"You can do that? That's so cool. So what am I feeling right now?"

"You're deflecting the question."

Shit, she's good. Should I tell the truth. I mean I do need to tell someone but is the best option Piper? Like I haven't talked to her much. I wish I can hide my emotions.

"All of us saw Jason fall into the turtle's mouth. However, I saw him back in the sky. The mist didn't work very well. Even when I was small like 4-5 years old. I remember whenever I felt a strong sense of anger. I saw strange things. It's like the mist stops working if I'm pissed. I remember that near my house I saw a few Cyclopes when one day I was extremely angry. I also have lost most of my memories from younger it's one of the few memories I have before Lupa, Camp Jupiter and the Amazons."

"Why did you never tell us anything? Have you told this to anyone?"

"I thought it wasn't important. I would've probably told Hazel or Nico. Frank gets worried easily." 

"Hmm. Ok I believe you. This ability of yours can come in handy. Maybe in House of Hades. I'll not tell anyone. Also your hair looks awesome."

It's embarrassing but I blushed. I don't think Piper noticed though so that's good I think.

"Thanks Piper. Wait and talk please?"

"I'm here what happened?"

"Normally I would talk to Hazel but she's too busy fangirling."

Piper snorted that made me feel proud. 

"Fangirling over what?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to talk. Leo always acts all happy but his eyes are very sad. I know about his mom but it's something else. Who hurt him this bad?"

"Y/n don't tell Leo I told you all the things I'm about to say. Leo has had a hard life. After his mom died cunt Rosa sent him to foster homes in which he was heavily mistreated. I'm not going in details because not my place? But please be nice to him he's had it really tough." Piper said.

Suddenly my trauma of not having good friends and being away from everything I knew didn't seem so bad. Leo still smiled. I was always so stern to everyone but he was always nice. I'm such a bad person compared to him. I didn't like my reserved childhood. I wish I could help Leo. I'm not going to be mean to him anymore. Even when he's being a shithead. 

"Thanks Piper, it means a lot."

Author here, Y/n is catching feelings. You thought this was going to be a Leo chapter? Well you're stupid.