01.25 Linguistics Exam & Lockshire Beach Day 1

I woke up at 7:50 this morning and went straight to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. I had two loafs of bread with oil and salt. I then got dressed and walked to the Communications Faculty to the sound of I Like It by DeBarge.

I took my final Linguistics exam, and I'm officially done with all my exams, although last week already felt quite like early January vacation.

In the cafeteria there was Sonny with some classmates. I stayed with them for a while, talking, and then I walked back home. I did my luggage and then cooked lunch: fish, two fried eggs and bread with some spicy sauce.

My flatmate Henry came back from the store and we played Mah-jong as I had dessert: a cup of coffee and some spelt-wheat biscuits. I left for Korea Station at 14:30.

The books I had ordered didn't arrive in time, so I had to carry Dracula with me, much against my will, since I wasn't planning on reading that novel until well into February.

On the train, I slept, due to restlessness. I arrived in Elsenor Station at 17:15, where mom and Lucky (our dog) awaited for us. We talked in the car about next year, since I'm planning on going abroad to study and work. That day, cruising down Oceanline Highway, the sunset was particularly long, I remember. It went from blue to orange to red to pink to purple to dark blue.

By the time we roamed the streets of Lockshire Beach, the skies were pink and you could see the sea at the end of the street. Mom showed me around her new apartment and then we took a stroll along the beach with Lucky.

We had dinner at home, in the terrace. The weather was warm. I had a lot of food: pasta with tomato, tuna and capers; a loaf of bread with butter and a loaf of bread with liver pâté.

Then I came to bed and read 20 pages of Dracula by Bram Stoker.

I'm planning on staying here for a couple of days, until the start of the new semester, to disconnect for a bit from the city and from university.