04.10 Wine and Julie

My alarm went off at 8:15. I began delaying it until I fell back asleep and woke up at 11:15. I'm so bad at waking in the morning.

I left the bed, got dressed, ate some nuts, an apple and a glass of kefir, and walked to university.

I had French Literature from 12 to 13:45 and then I went home with Dennis in the bus.

He said that he wanted to go play tennis with me sometime soon. He also texted the other day telling me if I wanted to have tea or dinner with him, I said I couldn't. I don't know why I kind of ignore him. He's so cute and attractive but I feel like there is no connection or anything too interesting to talk about when I'm with him, which I guess makes me not have a lot of real interest in him.

Back home, I made a tomato cream with some boiled eggs and ham, which I ate with some toasted bread. Afterwards, I spent the whole afternoon working on a new Lexicology project. First I worked from bed, then when I felt tired I went to the balcony, where I had some black tea with cinnamon and a piece of apple cake, and I kept on working with my project.

Julie texted at 20 asking if I wanted to have a beer and talk, I told her I could be ready at 21. I showered, changed clothes and went out. We took a walk and then we went to Black Dog, a good pub in my district, always packed with locals.

We talked for 1 or 2 hours, had a glass of wine and some things to eat. She told me she had had sex with Luke last weekend and I couldn't believe it. I asked many questions and I asked if she was going to tell Mike, her ex, who still has feelings for her, and also Luke's best friend. She said not for the moment, which I'm not sure if it is a good decision, but I also know Mike asked her personally not to tell him these sort of things, especially regarding people close to him, so that is also pretty much his wish.

We then talked about gender, insecurities and things like that. She walked me home and when I checked my phone I noticed Archer had called me. It didn't come across as super unexpected, since I did text him last night telling him I was a little anxious about my presentation, I just didn't expect him to reply at all, especially not to call.

I called him back but he didn't pick up then, which made me a little mad and I wished I had picked up when he called.

Anyway, I ate a banana and I worked for 30 more minutes on the Lexicology project from bed, then I wrote this.

I'm going to sleep now, I plan to spend all of tomorrow at the library. Good bye.