Chapter 58 - Chaos at Baylor (Part 4)*

One snake against one wolf. Six stars against eight stars. This doesn't look good for Dumu.

Dumu removed all the weights on his body so he can shift into his beast form. He is in a huge disadvantage. Barda already morphed into his beast form as soon as he levelled up to an eighth-starred red wolf.

His aura is too heavy and suffocating. His whole body is aflame. Steam comes out from his nose and mouth with every breath. No beast is left standing and even conscious in the battlefield, except for him and Dumu.

Souta is already down and injured badly. His burns continue to bring him pain as it still sizzles. He's a seven-starred horse beast but because of his weak combat skills, he can't last long in these kind of battles. He only reached seven stars because of his age, his inherited strength from the previous king and his slow progress.

There is something wrong with this bastard. How can he level up so fast like that? It was just last dry season when I saw him and he is still a six-starred beast. Here we thought Dumu already defeated him but in a blink of an eye, he levelled up again. This is insane....

Souta is observing the fight between Dumu and Barda. He knows Dumu is strong but to fight an eighth-starred beast is now impossible. He feel so useless as he grind his teeth while leaning his body on the stone walls that fell into ruins.

"Hahahahaha... you still do not want to give up snake beast? Do you think you will last just by avoiding my claws?" Barda's thunderous beast voice echoed.

Dumu slithers in a fast speed as he avoids the claws aimed at him as Barda attacks. If not for the training he went through with his wife, he is convinced that he already died from those claws before this bastard even evolved to eight stars.

He can't even rest and drop his guard for Barda's speed is incredibly fast. He's closing in, not wasting time to narrow the gap between the two of them. Dumu sprayed poisoned icicles from his mouth towards Barda so he can have the chance to stretch the gap farther from him but failed as it was only evaded gracefully by the red wolf.

Dumu hissed in pain as he feel the deep cut made on his body from Barda's claws. And at close range, Barda released a big fire ball and directly hit Dumu that sent him tumbling and rolling on the ground. The impact was too strong that the ground Dumu fell made a long deep crease and made rocks and dust flying everywhere.

Barda stood arrogantly tall while his tail wags excitedly, waiting for the dust to settle. Dumu's battered and bloody snake body is lying helplessly. He hisses as he tries to get up but failed.

"I guess I will see you next in the underworld snake beast. It is a shame that a beast like you will die young. It was so much fun fighting with you."

Barda summoned a humongous fire ball and throws it towards Dumu. He was so mad that he can't move his snake body anymore. He wanted to kill that wolf but the difference in power is too big. All he can think now is his wife's smiling face as the burning ball of flame is coming towards him. He morphs back to his perfect form, his injured and damaged body is covered in blood.

Will you still have that smiling face when I die my beautiful wife? I wish to see you before I disappear. My Asha....

The ground shakes as a huge thick high wall erected and blocked the fire ball that was supposed to hit and burn Dumu to ashes. He was surprised to see his wife appear in front of him in a flash. Her hair and her dress getting tousled wildly with the wind as she drops all the weights attached on her body. The impact from the weights created deep dents on the ground.