S1 E18 : I am not dying right?

Happy reading you lovely people! Do give this chapter a star if you like 🤗

*****

As they walked away from the Kapoor mansion, Megha and Gautam made their way to the car

Inside, Megha tugged at Gautam's sleeve and said, "I didn't expect your mother to be so pleasant. You always made her out to be a tough nut to crack. You had me worried there."

As Gautam looked at her face brimming with happiness, he gazed at her deeply.

He was very surprised too. It seemed like everything had gone smoothly when she came to the house.

He could tell that everyone, whether it was his grandfather or his mother, all liked her very much. However, he still couldn't help but quip, "As long as it's not Shreya, my mother likes everyone else."

As expected, Megha turned her head to glare at him. She pursed her lips and thought to herself that this man was really a jerk.

Megha suddenly remembered that she still had many gifts yet to be opened.

She decided to take them out and started opening them.When she opened them and took a look, she saw that the big jewelry box has a very beautiful diamond heart shaped ring with a lovely handwritten letter.

Shocked, she read the letter was then truly astounded. Megha yelled out in surprise. "I guess your mother really likes me. "

She turned toward Gautam and said,"Your family is too generous."

"It's just a diamond ring, as my wife you truly deserved it, it's nothing special"

"It is really expensive! How can I accept it?"

Gautam said, "Just take it. This ring is an heirloom and was supposed to be given to my wife as an engagement ring , since we did court marriage, maa had to give you this ring like that. Thus, don't feel uncomfortable."

Megha thought that his words made complete sense. While smiling, she looked at the beautiful ring on her finger repeatedly. "It looks like there are some benefits of tolerating your bad temper."

Gautam looked at her. "You money-grubber"

Megha was in a good mood. She turned her head and said, "Otherwise, what else is the point of marriage? It's either for love or for money. Obviously, marrying you out of love doesn't make any sense. It's only money that would make sense."

(Imagine saying this to your husband who happens to be India's top business tycoon and has the capability to vanish anyone's existence! )

He shook his head speechlessly. His gaze was fixed on her for some time before he turned his head. However, right at this moment, he saw that his phone was ringing. It was a call from Shreya.