S2 E5: He is alive

*****

Megha's eyes halted

Megha's eyes halted. Her tears welled up in her eyes and stopped there.

This voice... Even if she got beaten to death, she would never forget it.

She turned around and saw Gautam at the stairway.

Her heart jolted. She got up from the ground and rushed towards him. She ran with all her might.

In the cloud of dust, she jumped up and hugged his neck. He was pushed by her strength and almost fell to the ground. However, he stood his ground and hugged her back. He felt her tears on his face.

He looked grabbed her hand, "Don't cry, I am alive."

Leaning against her forehead, he let go of her hands and held her cheeks. Breathing onto her face, his enchanted gaze looked straight into her eyes.

She wanted to hug him tightly as if to prove that he was still by her side and that all this was not a dream. She looked at him and forcefully pinched him.

"Ouch! What are you doing?" Gautam exclaimed.

"Does it hurt?"

"What do you think?!" he looked speechlessly at her

"Oh, since it hurts, then you must be real."

She wasn't dreaming! He was really fine.

Gautam sighed and shook his head. However, he honestly thought that he was going to die. Luckily, the elevator stopped halfway but it was only for a few minutes. If he had been any slower, he might have probably gotten buried.

Megha reached their home while holding onto Gautam's arm. But when she touched it, he let out a low grunt. She noticed that he was a little different.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh," Gautam said. "It's nothing. Let's go in."

She didn't believed him. If that was true, he wouldn't have grunted for no reason.

"Let me take a look at what's going on."As she spoke, she pulled up his sleeve.

There was a huge bruise and it looked swollen. There was also a scratch on his arm but the blood already dried up.

"Oh my God. What happened? Why didn't you tell me earlier," Why hadn't she noticed that he had these injuries previously.

He tidied his sleeve and said, "It's alright; it's just a little injury. It's better than losing my life in comparison. This is nothing."

Although that incident was still frightening, it was indeed already good enough that he managed to survive. However, injuries still had to be treated.

She quickly pulled him inside, "Let's go in and talk."