S2 E11 : We know your intentions!

A heartful thank you to SAgarwal5 for giving me much needed 'motivation' to post this chapter.

Enjoy 🥂

*****

Megha and Rekha ji finished their shopping and headed home

Megha and Rekha ji finished their shopping and headed home. Megha felt bad and apologized to Rekha ji for an incident that had occurred.

Rekha ji stayed cheerful, looking at their purchases with a satisfied smile. "I should go shopping more often. It's quite fun. Let's go again soon."

Megha smiled and said, "Sure, I'd love to. But I'm really sorry about today. My sister was so rude to you. I feel responsible."

Rekha ji quickly reassured her, "Don't blame yourself. You didn't do anything wrong. It's your sister who was out of line. Gautam should have met you earlier so you wouldn't have gone through this for so long."

Megha felt touched by Rekha ji's kindness. She leaned on her shoulder and said, "Maa, you're so good to me."

Rekha ji laughed and patted her shoulder. "Silly girl. You're family now. Of course I care about you."

Megha had never felt such warmth from a family before. She couldn't believe she found this sense of belonging here.

She laughed softly and said, "Maa, you've been wonderful today. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. Seeing Prachi get what she deserved was very satisfying."

Rekha ji nodded. "Absolutely. It's been a while since I dealt with people like that. It felt good."
Megha and Rekha ji continued to chat and laugh about how they handled Prachi and her friends on their way home to the Kapoor house.

Gautam was resting at home, taking a break from his busy day, when he heard their lively conversation. 

Curious, he stepped outside to see what was happening.

To his surprise, he saw Megha and Rekha ji looking like a typical mother and daughter, deeply connected. 

He realized Megha was winning over the whole Kapoor family, from the youngest to the oldest. He wondered what special qualities this spirited woman had. Or maybe it was true that the simplest people had the greatest luck.

Gautam strode out with purpose. "Maa, where were you?"

Rekha ji glanced up, smiling warmly. "We went shopping for Diwali. Well... we had some good food there too."

"Yes, Maa, are you feeling alright after eating that ras malai? I'm not sure the shop was not clean according to your standards."Megha said.

"No worries, beta. It didn't affect me. Besides, indulging in something delicious once in a while won't harm."

Megha chimed in, laughing. "Heh heh. I even bought a few more to keep in the fridge. We can enjoy them over the next few days."

Rekha ji nodded. "Yes, take some when you leave."