S1 E6 : Audition

Dear readers, don't forget to switch to your browser for the full experience. Reading's cool, but have you ever tried it with sound?

Happy reading and listening 💖

*****

The moment they stepped in, Gautam swept his gaze across the store and said to the salesperson following them, "Give me all the clothes in her size

The moment they stepped in, Gautam swept his gaze across the store and said to the salesperson following them, "Give me all the clothes in her size."

Seeing how decisive Gautam was, the salesperson's eyes began to light up. He quickly led Megha further inside.

Megha was a little dumbstruck. This was the first time she was experiencing how the rich went shopping.

Megha changed out of her dress and into a beautiful dress. It wrapped around her body and instantly brightened up her appearance tremendously.Inside, Megha tried each piece one by one. The salesperson enthusiastically assisted her with a great attitude.

To the side, Gautam sat elegantly on a chair, drinking coffee and reading his business file on his iPad. While Megha went around the store, looking at everything with a constant wide-eyed surprise.

When he raised his head, Megha stood before him in a green colored off shoulder midi. It accentuated her cool skintone . She looked refreshing. On the whole, she appeared bold and beautiful with a hint of elegance.

The salesperson smiled as she complimented, "This piece is perfect for you, Ma'am. You look beautiful in it."

Megha felt embarrassed at the. It was undeniable that she looked good in the dress.Although she usually looked sloppy and messy, she currently appeared graceful.

He could not help but steal two more glances. When he saw Megha turn her head, he quickly directed his gaze elsewhere.

Gautam gestured for someone to foot the bill and said to the salesperson, "Wrap up everything in the store that suits her and send it to the Gautam Kapoor Residence."

Megha was shocked. She looked at him with light beaming from her eyes.He was too rich.

The owner of the branded fashion store was extremely happy. He politely walked them out the door and watched Megha jogged up to the Jaguar outside and got into the car.

Soon, they arrived at the company. She thanked him before getting out of the car quickly.Kavya,her manager brought Megha to the grand hall of a seven-star hotel where auditions were taking place.

While walking, she said sternly, "There's a role for you to try out today. If you run off halfway like you did the last time, don't ever come to the company again. You really think you're Megha? If you want to pick and choose your roles, then be like her. Even if she's not insanely famous, at least she's a big celebrity. Otherwise, you better take your auditions seriously and stop coming up with silly ideas."

Megha thought to herself, Kavya had gone to great lengths to stunt her development. Also, Megha interfered whenever she got a role. Yet, she could not give up because of them. To do so would be the same as retreating before the fight had begun.

"Audition for the role properly today." Kavya continued, "The investor this time is very rich. He's from the Kapoor family, a well-known and mysterious family. No one knows how rich or powerful they are. Even if you fail the audition, you'll definitely make rapid advances in your career if he takes a liking to you."

Megha was no longer listening; her attention had completely shifted to Prachi and Rahul who were walking toward her.

Prachi was slim and graceful whilst Rahul was tall and handsome. When the two of them walked side by side, all eyes turned towards them.

"Wow, Prachi."

"That's probably her fiancé beside her. I heard that they're getting engaged soon. Her fiance's family is very rich and he's a second-generation heir."

"Her fiancé is really handsome. They're a perfect match."

"Prachi is really lucky."

Before Megha could turn around and leave, she heard Rahul call out, "Megha? Why are you here?"

Megha froze and looked back reluctantly.

She saw Prachi glare at her distastefully as they walked towards her.

Megha smiled faintly at Rahul, "I came for an audition."

Rahul stared at her clothes. He seemed to be thinking that she was different from her usual careless and loud self.She looked much more refreshing and even gave off a feminine charisma.

"Where did you go? Your family has been looking for you." Rahul was still unaware of the circumstances. He only knew that the Gupta family was in chaos. Aradhna was always cursing Megha, calling her an ungrateful wretch and a total ingrate.

Megha laughed bitterly and looked at Prachi's smug expression, "I'm fine. I'll be staying with a friend in the future. I won't be going back to home."

Prachi complained to Rahul, "Honey, you have no idea how anxious the family is. She's too insensible. Mom stayed awake all night out of worry, but she..."

Megha snorted after hearing those words.Her stepmother was probably unable to sleep out of anger at having failed to sell her off.

Megha did not want to watch her act any longer. Whilst the place was in chaos, she ran out.

After some time, she suddenly heard Prachi's voice from behind her."Megha, it would be best you go home."

Megha turned her head and said coldly, "I'm never going back."Prachi sneered.

"Don't think that I don't know about your motives towards my Rahul. You're not good enough for him. He's about to get engaged to me soon and become your brother-in-law. If you're human, stop trying to flirt with him. Look at your status; you're an illegitimate daughter. Yet you still dare to have delusional thoughts about a rich young man like Rahul."

Megha's heart writhed, as Megha looked at her smugly. "At first, you still had a chance to squeeze into the upper ranks of society by marrying Chirayu. It's a pity that you weren't tactful. What? You thought that you could have a chance with Rahul?"

"If you're done, can I leave now?" If it was anyone else, she would have been fine. But she could not tolerate it when Rahul was mentioned.

Megha took large strides towards the exit but was pulled back roughly by Prachi"What kind of attitude are you showing me?!"

Prachi sneered and said, "If you turn around now and lick the dirt off my shoes, I might let you have this role. Otherwise, as long as I'm around, don't ever think of getting involved in any major productions."

*****