S1 E9 : New Role

Hey lovely people,I am again back with the new chapter 😁..scroll down to read!
Happy reading !😊

*****

When Gautam walked into the bedroom he spotted Megha devouring a pack of natkhat (Indian puffcorn snacks), her legs propped up in not so appropriate manner

This scene alone was enough to give him a migraine headache.

His OCD had again taken over him : repetitive, intrusive, unwanted thoughts were replaying and popping in on loop in his mind.

Only he knew how he was controlling himself to not lecture her.

However he was unable to control himself for long and finally asked her frowning, "Can you be more hygienic?"

Megha said, defensively, "I've washed my hands. How is that not hygienic?"

Gautam observed the crumbs on her bare hands as she ate, deepening his frown.The sound of her chewing the puffcorn snacks made him irritated and distressed.

She lifted her head and said, "Yes, not everyone is your girlfriend. You're right. I have no manners, even when I'm eating. My mother passed away when I was 8. My father never cared about me and my stepmother tried to sell me off for money, so no one has ever taught me any manners or etiquette. However, not everyone has time to bother with manners like you people. To me, living means already respecting myself. That's why I don't know about all these things, and I'll never be like your Shreya."

Megha had no idea why she was angry at him, but she couldn't help herself and yelled at him, "If my eating bothers you, I'll try not to do it in front of you." She added, " You probably won't be home often anyway; you would prefer to spend time with her."

Gautam retorted, "Indeed, Shreya is a well-behaved lady. At least she doesn't eat like you do."

As he stared at her greasy fingers,he experienced his muscles stiffening. He was very overwhelmed with anger . He then planned to go and wash his hands ten times after this conversation.

Megha felt a pang of embarrassment but shrugged it off. Licking her fingers one by one, she noticed Gautam's gaze intensify, his eyes reddening as if with anger.

Maybe he would also have to brush his teeth now.

He looked at her as if he was about to tear her into pieces.

What had she done to upset him once again?

Confused, she stammered, "Don't be angry. I won't eat in front of you again."

However, Gautam's response caught her off guard.

Pointing towards the bathroom door, he ordered her sternly, "Get up, go to the bathroom, and wash your hands,ma'am."

His tone left no room for argument as he continued, "Wash them with soap, not once but twice."

His voice held an edge of frustration. "And don't you dare to again lick your fingers again, especially in front of me."