S2 E8 : Diwali Gift

*****

Inside, Rekha ji was hosting the entire family

Inside, Rekha ji was hosting the entire family. They were all chatting and eating. The extended family members were also present there so she couldn't recognize all of them. As the two of them entered the hall. All eyes fell on the couple.

When Rekha ji saw Megha and Gautam arrive she immediately pulled her over and started chatting with her.

The relatives were so intimate that it made all the other females in the family jealous. But she was her daughter-in-law.

There were many members of the family but not many were as capable as Gautam and Gaurav. 

Rekha ji stared at Megha's stomach.

She had heard servent staff saying that the two of them were extremely close, often whispering sweet-nothings.

It looked like good news was coming soon.

However, nothing had happened still. She couldn't help but feel anxious.

But having a child was a matter between husband and wife, and she didn't want to push too much.

She only looked at her and said, "I had some vegetable soup prepared for you. Take it back home when you guys leave."

Megha chuckled, "Okay maa. Thanks."

"I am not pushing you, so don't worry. You two can play however long you want. Of course... if you get accidentally knocked up, hehe, don't try to hide it from me."

"Of course not..."

Megha felt more awkward.

Beside her, Gautam's face darkened as he said, "Maa... aren't you still pushing now?"

Rekha ji said, "Go away, useless fellow."

Gautam looked at Megha with fiery eyes, "Very well. I'm useless because I can't produce a child? Then I'll produce one. From tomorrow onwards, Megha and I are going to stay in bed and try hard every day. Will that do?"

Megha's face turned bright red.

What nonsense was he talking about? 

Rekha ji said, "Ha, am I really forcing you? It's not because you are not having a child."

She continued after taking a small pause, "I am just worried because you are already 33 Gautam. I know it's completely your and Megha's choice when to have children or not have children at all, but if you guys are thinking of having them, then have them early. Otherwise, if you guys have them late, then there will be a big generation gap. That's why I'm thinking about it. But I am not at all pushing you Megha, I understand that you are still 26 and have many dreams and goals, so please remember that I always support you guys. But it is still true that I do want to play with my grandchildren.."