S2 E9 : Shopping

*****

That afternoon, Rekha ji and Megha headed to the mall for some Diwali shopping

As they strolled through the bustling mall, adorned with festive decorations and sparkling lights, the air was filled with excitement and anticipation.

They entered a boutique showcasing an array of traditional Indian outfits.

Racks adorned with vibrant sarees in various colors and designs lined the spacious store.

Rekha ji and Megha began browsing through the exquisite collection.

Megha's eyes sparkled as she examined the beautiful embroidery and rich fabrics.

"This one is stunning, Maa," Megha exclaimed.

She was holding up a deep crimson saree adorned with gold embellishments. "This will look beautiful on you Maa."

"Megha beta, why have you started looking for sarees for me? I am already so old. Look for yourself," Rekha ji chuckled, gently pushing the saree back towards Megha.

Megha grinned, her eyes alight with mischief.

"But Maa, you would look absolutely radiant in this. Besides, it's Diwali..."

She glanced at her with a smile. "Maa, believe me, when I first met you, I never imagined you could be Gautam's mom. You look like you're in your thirties."

Rekha ji chuckled softly. "Oh, wouldn't that be nice?"

"You're still so youthful, not a single wrinkle in sight. If I age half as gracefully as you, I'd be lucky."

"You will, beta. You're beautiful," Rekha ji replied warmly.

Megha sighed playfully. "I hope so. But even with wrinkles, I hope I'm beautiful. Though being as flawless as you would be a dream."

Rekha ji laughed. "Wrinkles come with time. It's all about attitude. If it weren't for those troublesome boys always giving me stress, I might look even younger. But I can't complain."

"Exactly. They're a handful." 

As they strolled in the mall and browsing sarees, voices caught their attention nearby.

Prachi was shopping with friends. They were in Mumbai's most luxurious mall, splurging on top brands, feeling quite proud.

"You're so extravagant, not even checking prices. Shopping with you isn't shopping—it's a spree," her friends teased.

Prachi chuckled. "Shopping should be carefree. No point in worrying."

"You're Mrs. Prachi Mehta after all."

Suddenly, Prachi stopped in her tracks.

She couldn't believe her eyes—it was Megha approaching with an older woman.