Chp 2

Ruhanika Pov

I woke up feeling nauseated. I went to bathroom and threw up. After done throwing up, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I am looking so pale. This is not good. I am in 6th month of my pregnancy. In my last check up my doctor told me that I did not put on as much weight as other pregnent women put on in their 6th months.

I then got done with my morning routine. I head to kitchen to make myself breakfast. I had some eggs , fruits and juice.
Since Abhay left me 3 months, ago I have been living only for my baby, alone in this apartment. It's not my home anymore. My home is shattered the day i got to know Abhay is no more.

My husband, My Abhay was soldier, Major Abhay Singh Thakur.
He went on a mission 5 months ago, and never returned leaving in this world.

My family consisted of Sushma-my dadisa, Nikhil-my babasa, Rakhi-my maasa, Karan-my bhaisa , Arohi-my bhabhi sa, Mahesh - kakasa, Janaki-my kakisa and Arjun- their son.

I was pampered daughter of the family.
But my family was very orthodox in thinking. Once my kakisa saw me and Abhay hanging out together. She created a ruckus that day. She told papa dadi everyone ki kaise mene samaaj mein unki naak katwai, main kaise besharmo ki tarah ek ladke ke sath ghoom rahi thi and all.
(How i brought shame to the family by hanging out with a guy)

Everybody scolded me and my ma even raised her hand on me for the very first in my life. Once Abhay got to know this, he confronted my family and officially asked my hand for my marriage. But my family cruelly insulted him for being orphan and rejected to marry me with him.
I ,being stubborn ,fought for my love with my family. Being fed up with me they gave a choice to either choose them or Abhay.
Abhay straightway told me to choose them over him knowing the importance of family. But how can i leave him. He would have been totally alone if i chose them.
So, I chose Abhay over them and they disowned me for my decision. My bhaisa tried to support me but could not do anything for me.

We were married for 2 years. My dear Abhay, he could not even get to know the news of our seed of love growing in my womb.

I recently got to know from one of my friend that I became bhuasa. My bhaisa and bhabhisa are blessed with a baby boy. Such a pathetic life I got!!

They made me cut ties with them completely. But bhaisa contacted me sometimes. I tried to meet them , convince them to accept us. But nothing worked. Bhaisa hasn't called since last 3 months now. I don't know what happened but when I tried to call that number, it was never answered. I guess I am all by myself now in all sense.

After breakfast, I headed to Rathore University in which I teach.
Yes, I am actually Master's in statistics n teach in stat department. It pays me well.

I enetered the uni and got gently engulfed in a hug by my colleague cum friend, Sakshi Nair. She is also prof in same uni.

S- Hi.. How are you....You're looking so pale...don't tell you didn't have your breakfast...how can you be so careless...

And there goes her rambling. She definitely doesn't let anybody speak.

R- Calm down, calm down...I had my breakfast...it's just I am feeling a little bit tired today...you dont even let me talk...

I said rolling my eyes

S- Sassy babymama, don't roll your eyes...and if you're feeling tired , you could have taken rest na...take care of your self will you..?

R- I'm fine now...it makes me feel better when I'm surrounded by people...it makes me forget my problems unlike in that apmt being alone....
I smiled at her and she went silent by my answers....

We then went to our respective classes and the day goes on....

I reached my apmt by 6.30. I took a nap being exhausted of the day.
When I woke up it was alost 8.00. I went to kitchen to prepare my dinner. I prepard daal n chawal with potato sabji. As always my dinner was completely filled with silence remembering my happy days with Abhay having dinner.

I read some pregnancy books caressing my baby bump and went to sleep.