Chp 26

Author Pov

"Call her doctor home, Reyan"

"There is no need Abheer ji." Ruhanika said.

"Yes, I'm seeing how you are still wincing every now and then." Abheer said glaring at her that made her shut her mouth.

"Do you want something till doctor come?" Abheer asked but before Ruhanika answer , baby started crying due to hunger.

"I guess she is hungry." Abheer said rocking the baby. Ruhanika nodded.
Abheer kept the baby in her lap.

"I'll send maasa."

Abheer left the room.
A painful sigh left her mouth feeling pain all over her body but she kept patting the baby's head to calm her.

She so wants to take her princess in her embrace but is unable to. Seeing her baby crying to be in her arms is tearing her heart. Tears started filling her eyes all over again but she controlled seeing Meera entering the room.

Meera held the baby and make her latch on Ruhanika's right boob.
In between when baby was getting fed, she moved her legs and it resulted in kick on Ruhanika's broken hand.
A loud yell left Ruhanika's mouth making Meera immediately hold baby's leg. Tears left Ruhanika's eyes due to pain.

Her body was already in so much pain and now it is becoming unbearable for her to control it.

Meera immediately put the baby on bed because baby was done feeding.

"Beta lay down, it will help relax your muscles." Meera said helping her to lay.

"Maasa, it's paining t...too much." Ruhanika said crying.

Meera's eyes started filling with tears listening her words. She immediately called Abheer not knowing what to do.

Abheer entered the room,
"Yes, maa...." He stopped in between looking at Ruhanika crying.

"What happened maasa, why are you crying, Ruhanika?" Abheer said sitting beside her when Meera got up.

"While fee....feeding, the baby accidentally ki...kicked her left arm. When the doctor is coming?" When he looked towards Meera , he saw tears falling from her eyes too.

Abheer looked at Ruhanika with eyes full of concern and worry.

"Don't worry doctor is on way, she must be coming." Abheer said caressing Ruhanika's head.

On cue Reyan and Niharika entered with doctor. They both were shocked seeing Ruhanika and Meera crying.

"What happened maasa? Why are you crying?" Reyan asked going towards Meera wiping Meera's tears.

"I'll tell you but let doctor first check her. She is hurt and her body is aching with pain." Abheer said standing up from his place.

Doctor immediately sat beside her and examined her hand and ankle.
Due to crying so much, Ruhanika was having headache now. Seeing her crying and frowning so much, doctor gave her sedative to make her sleep.
In the meantime, Niharika made the baby sleep in her cradle.

After a while

Doctor got up turning towards them. They were standing silently till she was checking Ruhanika.

"It seems like she have applied pressure on her both fractures. Her foot have swollen again. You should have been careful she doesn't do anything like this. She is in so pain that we can't even imagine. It is like someone have stabbed again on one's stab wound or may be much more worse.