Chp 20

Author Pov

Abheer was working on the couch with his laptop. Ruhanika woke up feeling thirsty. She saw Abheer working and thought not to disturb him. She saw water on the table beside her bed. She leaned forward to take it.

But, due to her movements, her shoulder shot up with pain and she flinched due to it. The bottle fell down creating noise when her hand hit it.

Abheer snap out of his laptop hearing the falling sound of bottle. She saw Ruhanika trying to massage her left shoulder wity tears of pain falling from her eyes.

Abheer immediately sprinted towards her seeing her tears.

''Hey, Ruhi what happened? Why you crying? Is it paining somewhere?" Abheer asked gently rubbing her shoulder seeing her struggle.

"Water..." Ruhanika said with hoarse voice due to her dry throat.
Abheer immediately made her drink water.

"You could have asked me Ruhi. Don't do unnecessary movements for some days, please. You will need time to heal. Until then try to not move around much." Abheer said.

"You were working so I thought to not disturb you." Ruhi said with low voice.

"Nothing is more important than you Ruhanika!!" Abheer said in stern voice hearing her.
Ruhanika pouted at his tone but she couldn't understand why her skipped a beat hearing his words.

"I'm sorry na Abheer ji, I'll ask for your help from now onwards." Ruhi whined a little.

"You better be." Abheer said to her like giving her any warning.

Suddenly they heard a grumbling sound. Ruhanika's stomach grumbled in hunger.

Ruhanika turned red in embarrassment. Abheer smiled at her red embarrassed face.

"I'll get you food. You have to take medicines afterwards. I'll just come okay." Abheer said smiling and Ruhanika could just nod.

Abheer adjusted her bed to sitting position before bringing her food. Abheer sat beside her and started feeding her some veggie soup and healthy khichdi . Ruhanika tried to protest but one glare from him and she shut her mouth.

Her mouth watered smelling the food and as she expected it tasted delicious. Ruhanika literally moan at it.

''Mmmm.... Abheer ji, it is so good. Where did you bring it from? It is definitely not the hospital's bland food." Ruhanika complemented.

"Definitely it is not. Maasa sent it for you. She made it herself. It's her saying that, any unhealthy person can be healthy with healthy food made with lots of love." Abheer said with small smile.

Ruhanika's face fell. Hearing him made her remember her of her mother. Her eyes started feeling tears thinking that her mother would have done the same if she was here. Her family loved her truly though they were orthodox with their thoughts, but her one mistake in their eyes made her all alone.... falling in love.

Abheer baffled seeing tears in her eyes suddenly.

"Hey, what happen, why are you crying? Is it paining ?" Abheer asked in soft tone holding her hands and rubbing it to comfort her.

Tears started falling from her eyes seeing his care and in no time she was all sobbing. Abheer beacme worried seeing her crying all of sudden and not talking to him. So he just hugged her and started rubbing her back to calm her down. She just kept crying keeping her head above his heart.

After sometime, when she broke the hug Abheer asked softly,

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's nothing, just hearing you, I remembered my mother."