Chp 23

Author Pov
At Midnight....

"Abheer ji, Abheer ji...." Abheer woke up hearing someone waking him up.
He heard whimpering sound from the crib. He immediately got to his feet and went to crib. The baby was awake and crying but not making much noise. He immediately held his princess in his arms.

"What happened to my princess? Why is she crying..." He said in softer tone. He moved his head towards bed only to look at Ruhanika sitting up and looking at them with teary eyes.
He panicked and instantly went towards her with the crying baby in his arms.

"What happen Ruhi? Is it paining anywhere?" He asked with worry filled voice seeing her silently crying.
She just shook her head and patted the space beside her for him to sit.

"I...I'm sorry Abhe....Abheer ji, I woke you up. But she was crying and I was unable to move from bed." She said and more tears ran down her face.

Abheer sat beside her sighing and feeling bad at her condition. His heart always breaks seeing her tears. He gently held the baby in his one hands and side-hugged her with the other.

"Shhh...Ruhi, you don't have to say sorry. I already told you, I'll always be there for you whenever you need someone to lean on, didn't I? I am more than happy in ruining my every sleep if it is to help you and my princess? Don't get sad. She is my princess too, right?" Abheer said in soft tone and rubbed her back to calm her down. Ruhanika just nodded at him still crying.

The baby's cries were getting louder by passing time.
"Come on, now we should focus on her." He said wiping her tears and kissing on her forehead and then completely shifted his attention to baby.

He tried rocking her in his arms but nothing worked. Ruhanika was just looking at her with concerned and teary eyes. Then it hit her.

"She must be hungry, Abheer ji." She said nervously.
Abheer looked at her realizing and nodded his head.

"I...I'll call the nurse then. She will help you feeding her, is that okay?" He asked. She immediately nodded.
Abheer settled the baby in her lap and Abheer immediately marched outside to get a nurse. Ruhanika patted her tummy softly to calm her down.
Baby's cries died down in Ruhanika's embrace but she was still softly sobbing from hunger.

The nurse entered and helped Ruhanika feeding her. When Ruhanika was done feeding her, nurse burped the baby.

"Should I keep her in her crib?" Nurse asked.

"No, keep her on my lap." Nurse did as Ruhanika told and left the room.
Abheer entered after nurse left only to witness the most beautiful and peaceful sight.

Ruhanika was talking with her baby in baby language with happy smile on her face.

Abheer moved towards them.
The baby was looking at Ruhanika with her doe eyes and listening to Ruhanika's talks.

"My baby is full now after having her feed. Are you not sleepy? Are you in mood to play? Look at you, looking at me with these doe eyes is the most cutest sight ever!!" Ruhanika said cooing at her.
The baby smiled a little as if understanding her compliments.

"Awww, that's the most cutest smile I have ever seen!! My baby loves it when maasa compliments her,huh...." She said kissing her cheeks. Baby just cutely made some noises.
Abheer stood beside her bed looking at their interaction.

"You wanna talk with maasa, baby. Looks like my princess got charged after her meal." Abheer said, bending towards baby and kissing her forehead. The baby again some cute sounds. Abheer and Ruhanika both chuckled at her excitement.

"Look at her, all happy and excited now. "Ruhanika said patting her head smiling at her daughter.

"Yeah, I thought she must have slept, but looks like she is all charged up and wants to play." Abheer said.