Chp 39

Author Pov

"Excuse me, hukum, we should give her shots now. She should not be kept naked for long time after her massage." Doctor said making Abheer and Ruhanika come out of their trance.

Abheer nodded and moved towards bed. He started laying down the baby, but doctor interrupted him saying,
"Umm, hukum, I suggest you should sit holding her. We will have to hold her while giving injection. Since she already cried so much, I guess it will be more appropriate if one of you is holding her. Coz, if she jerks her body, she might get wounded with the needle."

Abheer got tensed hearing the word wound,
"Yes, you're right. I will sit holding her."
Ruhanika smiled at Abheer's cute frowning worry filled face. He sat on the bed and the nurse showed him how to hold baby in a position appropriate to give her shots.

Doctor prepared the injection. Abheer properly made Abhaya look at him and not at the doctor. Doctor gave her the shot and after few seconds a loud cry errupted the whole room. Abheer quickly got up from the bed going away from them, followed by Ruhanika. Abhaya was crying so loudly that it physically hurt Abheer seeing her in pain. He kept rocking her and Ruhanika  covered Abhaya with her baby blanket immediately. Abheer held the blanket and kept baby's head on his shoulder and started patting her back. Ruhanika was following Abheer who was pacing, and showing Abhaya baby rattle toys. She was making the sound to let her distract from crying.

After sometime, she stopped crying, but was still occasionally hiccuping. It was hard day for poor baby!
Abheer lay her in his hands and she was started sucking her thumb. Ruhanika understood she must be hungry now, due to all the cryings she did in last half an hour.

"Abheet ji, give her to me. She is hungry I guess. I will feed her." Ruhanika said to which immediately handed her Abhaya after kissing her cheek.

Abhaya immediately clutched onto her dress feeling her maasa's warmth, making Ruhanika smile. She kissed her small small hand,

"My strong Abhaya! Now no crying! Enough for today, hmm!" She kissed her cheeks going towards the bed.

The nurse draw the curtains of the bed to give them privacy. While Abheer moved towards doctor.

"Is it always that painful? I think she was crying way too much. She never cried like that since her birth, even she is calmest baby I have ever seen. You sure, you didn't hurt her while injecting?  Coz I swear, if you did that you will not like the consequences!" Abheer said in scary voice making doctor scared as hell.

"Im...I'm ab..absolutely sure, hukum. I didn't hurt her. Babies cry while getting their shots. Its absolutely normal. I assure you, it is fine. She is fine!" Doctor said on desperate voice to convince him. Abheer nodded still frown etching his face.

"Okay, so now what precautions we would have to take. I think she might get fever after her shot?" Abheer said finally sitting on the visitor's chair in front of doctor's table. Doctor too sat following him.

"Yes, she might get fever for 1-2 days. Since the shots basically contain good bacteria to make her immune strong, they have the after effects of introducing new bacteria to body. And that effect is fever. Her left leg will be swollen for 2-3 days coz of injection given there. That's why she can be grumpy today. Tomorrow she will be back to normal. Nothing much to do, but try not to touch or move her left leg, as it will hurt her. Bath her tomorrow with luke warm water. You can use cold strips for her fever, no need for any medicine. That's all." Doctor said.

Abheer hummed trying to recall once all the things to not forget them. Though he has sharp memory, but he cannot take any risk with his princess's health, can he?!