Chp 36

Author Pov

All went inside but frowned not seeing Ruhanika, Sakshi and baby in living room. Suddenly they saw Sakshi coming downstairs running.

"Hukum, R...Ruhanika is crying in the room. She hea...heard all those things reporters said about her and her baby!" She said panting making everyone's eyes go wide. That's when Abheer and Reyan remembered about these 3 being in the balcony looking at the happenings if outside.

Abheer and Reyan quickly ran upstairs followed by everyone else.
He came inside her room seeing the door open, only to see heartbreaking scene of Ruhanika hiccuping badly due to crying and holding baby close to her chest. Abheer immediately moved forward and embraced both of them at the same time. He held the baby in his arms safely making Ruhanika clutch her free hand on his kurta and keep her head in his neck crying.

"Hush, Ruhi. Nothing happened. Don't cry, nothing happened. Here, look at me. Tell me why are crying?" He said taking her face in his one hand and wiping tears from her eyes. But they kept flowing from her eyes.

"Ab...abheer ji, you listened what w...were they saying. They were badmouthing about o..our Abhaya even when they don't know her. How can...can they say like th..that about my inn...innocent child?" She complained crying and hiccuping badly.

Everyone else were already in the room and ladies were having tears in their eyes listening to her. Rathore men looked angry as they could not protect their their innocent child from world.

"Shhh.. calm down first, calm down. You will wake Abhaya up, you want that?" Abheer said trying to calm her. Ruhanika immediately stopped making noise as to not wake up the sleeping baby. But, tears were still flowing from her eyes.

Meera came by her side and started patting her back to calm her down. Ruhanika immediately kept her head in Meera's chest seeking for comfort which made Meera wrap her hand around her.

"Baccha, aise rote nahi hai. Log toh bolte hi rahenge, to kya hum unki baato ka bura manke rote bethenge. Har koi khush nahi hota humari khushiyo mein siwaay apno ke, isliye hi wo log aisa bol rahe the humari khushiya chhin ne keliye. Aur ab tum usse itna affect hoke unka maksat pura kar rahi ho. Yeh to nahi chalega na, mera baccha? Bas shant ho ja ab." Meera said in her comforting voice patting her head.

(Dear, don't cry so much. So what if people talk like shit, we cannot let their words get under our skin, right? Not everyone gets happy with our happiness. They talk like this to make us unhappy. And you are fulfilling their intention with getting affected so much. This shouldn't be done, right? Enough now, calm down.)

Meera sighed when she didn't stop and let her cry for sometime. After sometime she stopped and pulled out of Meera's embrace.
Her eyes again started filling with tears looking at baby's sleeping face and remembering those questions of reporters. Abheer sighed looking at her.

"Bas Ruhi, aur mat ro. Thaka logi khud ko aise, bacche." Gayatri Devi said coming near her and patting her head.
(Enough, Ruhi. Don't cry so much, you will exhaust yourself.)

"Aur un pagal logo ki bate sun ne ki bilkul bhi jaroorat nahi hai. Unhe bas kuch spicy news chahiye hoti hai apne channel ke TRP keliye. Uskeliye wo yeh tak nahi soch te ki saamne wale ko un baato ka bura bhi lag sakta hai." Niharika said sitting on the bed beside Abheer.

(And, don't ever focus on those stupid people's talks. They just want something spicy to gain their channel some TRP. For that they don't even think, they are actually hurting someone with their words.)

"Bas abhi, I don't want a single tear now in your eyes. Wipe them and let's go down to have dinner." Vikram said and everyone agreed to him.

But, Abheer saw Ruhanika looked tired so he said,
"Maasa, send Ruhanika's and my dinner upstairs. She looks tired. Let her rest. I will take care of her." Meera nodded and they all moved out of the room except for Reyan and Sakshi.