Chp 17

Author Pov
After an hour

Abheer and Reyan entered the hospital running. Everyone turned to the direction hearing foot steps and stood up.

Abheer came and asked,
"Maasa, babasa where is Ruhanika? Is she okay now? What about my princess?"

Before anyone could reply, they heard the door of operation theatre opening.
What they see made them gasped with happiness.

The doctor walked out with a baby wrapped in pink blanket in her hands.
She came towards Abheer,
"It's a girl, hukum sa!!" Abheer stood frozen in his place hearing her. His hands automatically moved towards doctor to take the baby.

Abheer's eyes were filled with happy tears so did others.
The baby opened her eyes when Abheer touched her cheeks. Her eyes reminded him of Ruhanika, same brown eyes. She kept staring at Abheer and a tear slipped through his eyes. Abheer kissed her forehead and cheek when she closed her eyes and went to her dreamland.
Doctor's voice brought him back of his trance.

"The baby is quite healthy but a little weak, hukum sa. We just need to keep her in incubator for some days as she is a premature baby." Doctor said.

"What about Ruhanika? How is she?" Abheer asked anxiously.

"Well, she is out of danger now but she was too much injured. She went through labour in mid surgery. As she couldn't push, we needed to proceed with C-section birth. Her forehead had 4 stitches. She has 2 cracks in bones in her left arm, injured shoulder and ankle fracture. I guess, when she fell, to save the baby, she took the blow of fall on her left side. She is out of danger but will take time to gain consciousness as her body is totally drained and will take time to regain energy."

Abheer Pov

My heart was breaking knowing what she went through. My chubby cheeks is so strong. Even on the verge of death, she protected our princess. I can never be more proud of her.

"Can I meet Ruhanika?" I asked.
"Sure, hukum sa. We are shifting her to her room now. Only one person can meet at a time and try to be quiet beside her. If she wakes up before her body wants to, she will be in more pain that we can't even imagine." Doctor said strictly.

"Can we take the baby?" Maasa asked hopefully.
"Oh actually, hukum ranisa. Her skin is little sensitive. Physical exposure can be harmful for her skin. And we need take her now." Doctor said and we nodded understanding.
I showed her to everyone before doctor took her away. Everyone was having happy smile on their face.
Reyan was the first who came to me and hugged me.
"Congrats, buddy. Baba ban gaya tu. Aur bet bhi jit gaya. Teri princess ayi hai, Abheer. I'm so happy." He said getting excited and I just nodded at him with big smile and happy tears slipped through my eyes.
(You are a father now, and you also won the bet. It's your princess, Abheer.)