Just tell me why

You and Christian had known each other for years being in WWE in the late 90's before both of you left with you joining ECW in 2003 until it finally closed a few years later while christian joined TNA before returning to WWE. He eventually retired for a couple of years due to a head injury from a match After a few years of being on tna you decided to leave and head to AEW noticing quite a bit more creative freedom and since your old friends Sting and Jeff were on there fitting right in with the rest of the roster until an old face came back into your life, the last few years between you and christian were messy due to both your crazy schedules but also due to him somewhat ignoring you feeling that you had done something to upset him but when you look back and even talk to Edge and ask him about it he tells you that christian had talked about wanting to see you or return to tna until his injury that had him retire for the last few years feeling confused and frustrated after you and him would be yelling and arguing with each other until one day after a really bad argument at ringside during his match you had called edge telling him everything before going out for a hectic three way match with Saraya and Willow Nightingale leading you to be thrown onto glass wincing at the burning feeling coursing through you. Once you were checked over and only had small cuts and scrapes you head to your locker room only to hear christian talking loudly on the phone stopping when you hear edge on the other end "You fucking love her yet you make her feel like shit and think you don't care about her at all!" tears form in your eyes knowing that he was talking about what you had told him earlier and that he was pissed the way his best friend had been treating you not realizing christian had seen you as you turn and go in your locker room slowly showering washing a little dried blood off you before changing and watching sting's match turning when you hear a knock opening it to find christian who walks in and closes the door "Listen I know I haven't been the best person here lately but I have a reason for it" you feel frustration wash over you yet again before looking at him trying to keep your emotions buried in asking him one question you had wondered for the past few weeks "Christian just tell me why, why have you been doing all this?" he looks at you feeling his heart crack at the tears that form in your eyes knowing that he had definitely messed things up "Cause I thought I had lost you and I didn't know if I could get you back" the words hit you like a ton of bricks and leave you confused before the gap between the two of you is sealed almost yelping when christian surges forward pressing your lips together wrapping your arms around his shoulders before he pulled away "I have loved you for years and after what happened the last time I saw you in WWE I couldn't forgive myself for it so I'd rather you hate me because of it". The last time the two of you saw each in WWE was a tag team match together before he got his head injury and during that match he had accidentally ran into you leading to you landing and hurting your rib as well as your eye bleeding which affected him more than you thought "That wasn't your fault and I'm okay my rib was cracked and it healed and my eye is perfect" you wrap your arms around him before another kiss is shared "I love you" the words hit him in the heart realizing it wasn't his fault for you getting hurt and that you didn't blame him for it but also that you both returned the twenty years of held in feelings for each other as you laid in his arms on the couch in your locker room in a peaceful silence as Collision finished up.