Old friends

Things have gone too far as you stand in front of Christian to protect Darby and Sting staring down each man tensing up ready for the impending chair shot but instead music blares throughout the arena. You turn around seeing Adam almost running out to jump in his arms but you yell when Nick grabs your arm shoving him away before adam was in front of you looking down when his hand grabs your wrist leaning towards you before whispering "Back away when I grab the chair and duck down" you squeeze his hand before slowly backing up and falling down as he lifts the chair back deciding to intervene and help by shoving christian in the corner and throwing nick out to the floor helping sting up as darby and adam shake hands grabbing a mic as you stand next to adam "I tried to be by your side Christian! I tried to set aside the problems and differences but now you went far and I have never chosen between the two of you but now...I choose Adam" you all walk backstage hugging sting before walking down the hall where adam was breaking down in his arms out of joy and sadness but this was just the start of where things would lead. So far things have gotten worse with the feud between the boys but the bond between you and adam grew despite that reminding you of the old days when the two of you were with WWE before you left in 2004 joining ECW then TNA before retiring deciding to come back when you got a call from sting saying he needed an ally in AEW and knew you weren't done with wrestling and you were so glad you did as you and adam share stories of being with WWE back in the day to MJF and Adam Cole walking away glued to the hip when adam says "If you didn't know the truth you would think they were a married couple" you turn a light red when adam intertwines your hands while standing outside away from everyone else as things for collision are being set up "I didn't just choose you because you're right about all of the problems" he looks at you as your hands shake at your sides trying to compose yourself and your racing heart "I also chose you because for so long I have loved you more than I could ever tell you" you place your hands on his sides leaning your head against his chest. He kisses the top of your head before lifting your face up "You mean much more to me for as long as I can remember" he presses his lips to yours which makes you putty as soft paused kisses are shared "I love you" the two of you smile sharing one last kiss both of laughing when you hear cheers from inside seeing max out of the corner of your eye walking in hand in hand only pointing at max saying "Thank you, but I'm gonna kill you if I find any pictures online".