Back paint

You had been thinking of painting a little but couldn't find a canvas or anything real old to paint on turning to grab a sip of water when you see Buddy shirtless leaving you with an idea you had seen other artists do. "Hey baby can you lay down on your belly for me?" he raises a brow but nevertheless lays down after kissing your forehead turning to putty at your hands lightly raking over his back before you straddle him which doesn't surprise him "This may be a little cold" he starts to turn his head to look at you but the slight cold of the paint hits his back making a chill run through him before he was lightly running his hand along your leg as you paint occasionally running your hands through his hair and tucking it to the sides of his neck to paint wouldn't get in any of it but other than warning him of the paint being cold not a lot is said between the two of you over the next hour getting up after it was done to take a picture with a sweet smile on your face as he walks to the mirror in the bedroom looking through the reflection of the camera on his phone "Baby this is great I didn't know you could paint" a kiss is shared before you helped wash his back off sending him the picture you took before you were laid in his arms on the couch. "My aunt taught me ever since I was young not only was it a way for us to spend time together but it was also a way for me to escape the stress of everything around me" he had heard you talk about your aunt plenty of times and knew that she had gotten very ill leading her to unfortunately pass away which took a very big toll on you and a chunk of yourself away losing inspiration and will to paint once she was gone only having painted four times since her passing "I just don't have the same drive I did before.." tears flow down your face at the memories that surface and appear in your mind of your aunt as buddy holds you lightly kissing the top of your head in the quiet until your sniffles could be heard "I know babe but she would still want you to do that even if it's just painting on me or rocks" you shake your head with a small grin "God she would have loved you more than me even" he laughs kissing you softly before your head was tucked in the crook of his neck running his hand along your back underneath your shirt "No one in your life could love someone as much as a lot of us love you" the words make your heart swell as a domestic and peacefully silence washes over the two of you wrapped in each other's arms.