I've let you down

As soon as you saw Max's face as you stand ringside after his match with Darby Allin you knew that he was beating himself up for not being better during the match feeling your heart crack. After walking backstage he sits in his locker room locking himself in knocking on the door feeling worry rack through you at his withdrawn state "Baby please open the door I'm worried let me in" Adam was walking by and noticed immediately speaking to max who opens the door a few minutes later both of you pulling him into his arms as tears he held in flowed holding onto you tightly while adam grabbed a water and food from catering as he slowly calmed down in your arms "I've let you guys down...I've let you down" you run your fingers in his hair as he eats and adam went out for his match with Jon Moxley "You didn't let anyone down at all baby let alone me" you knew he was always hard on himself and he tried to be perfect all the time which broke your heart that he didn't feel good enough for himself and everyone when he was more than enough especially for you "I lost..." before he can say anything else you grab his face and turn him to look at you. "You are more than enough, you have changed my life so much and no matter what you could never let me down not now not ever" he shakes with muffled sobs with his face buried in the crook of your neck quietly comforting him reassuring him that he was always enough even when he didn't feel like it himself watching him turn his head to the screen watching the last half of adam's match smiling when he wins feeling your heart melt at his smile and the hug they share when adam comes backstage being pulled into a sweet kiss when the two of you get to his home "What was that for?" he smiles pulling you into his arms with his chin on your shoulder "Cause I love you and to thank you for earlier" you kiss his cheek as the two of you lay on the couch with Piper slowly winding down after the past few weeks "I love you beautiful boy" the words never failed to turn him to a big teddy bear even though he never admits it to anyone else.