Not like the rest

Adam ran as soon as he saw you walk through the door, ready for your first match back in AEW after being in the hospital for surgery. You and adam had known each other for years children growing up glued to the hip since your parents were friends for years leading to the two of you being the best of friends from childhood to this day, you had been in the hospital for the past three weeks after having surgery to remove an ulcer from your stomach with adam being by your side for the first week before having to go back on the road for matches but he always called you before and after each one even sending Max to keep you company when there were shows in or close by town until you were finally released from the hospital and spent the rest of your recovery resting at home with adam taking care of you. During one of the days he stayed with you, you had heard him talk to max about his real feelings for you when he thought you were asleep after lunch "She's just different man, I've loved her for the past eight years" your heart stopped and you would have jumped out of the bed squealing had you not been so tired and with him there but you were getting the truth right now from max after you had asked him about what you heard and he basically spilled the beans of adam confiding in him about his real feelings for you, adam was in his locker room when you ran in and locked the door "I know everything and I heard what you told Max on the phone when you were staying with me" you both stare at each other before the next second the two of you were holding each other in a passionate sweet kiss smiling as you pulled away with adam holding your face so gently "You're not like the rest of them, that's one of the reasons why I love you" you melt as your foreheads are pressed together before you intertwined your hands with his "I feel seen when you look at me" the two of you share another kiss before opening the door to see max with chips "Fucking finally, losers" all of you laughed as the three of you walked to the ring.