-Kiss in The Rain-

A/N: In The Rain---David Russell

This is inspired by a future short story that I have planned. 

Sophie's POV: 

The rain was falling gently, casting a soft mist over the world around me. I stood under the awning of the quaint little cafe, watching the droplets create ripples in the puddles on the cobblestone street. The streetlights reflected off the wet pavement, creating a beautiful, ethereal glow. It was a perfect evening, despite the rain.

I took a sip of my hot chocolate, relishing the warmth it brought to my chilled fingers. I had come to the cafe to seek refuge from the sudden downpour, but as I watched the rain fall, I felt a sense of tranquility wash over me. It was in moments like these that I felt the most alive, the most connected to the world around me.

As I gazed out into the rain-soaked street, a familiar figure caught my eye. Keefe stood at the edge of the sidewalk; his hands tucked into the pockets of his jacket. His hair was damp from the rain, and his eyes sparkled in the dim light. I couldn't help but smile as I watched him approach the cafe.

"Hey, Foster," he said, flashing me a crooked grin as he joined me under the awning. "Mind if I join you?"

"Of course not," I replied, gesturing to the empty chair across from me. "It's nice to see you, Keefe."

Keefe sat down, ordering a hot chocolate of his own. We sat in comfortable silence for a while, sipping our drinks and watching the rain fall outside. The cafe was cozy and warm, the perfect place to take shelter from the storm.

"So, what brings you out in this weather?" I asked, breaking the silence.

Keefe shrugged, a mischievous glint in his eye. "I was in the area and thought I'd drop by. Plus, I couldn't resist the temptation of hot chocolate on a cold, rainy night."

I chuckled, shaking my head at his antics. Keefe always had a way of brightening my day, no matter the circumstances. We had been through so much together, and our friendship had only grown stronger over time.

As we chatted and laughed, I felt a sense of contentment settle over me. The rain continued to fall outside, but inside the cafe, everything felt warm and inviting. I realized how lucky I was to have Keefe in my life, to have someone who understood me in a way no one else did.

As the evening drew to a close, Keefe looked at me hesitantly, his expression suddenly serious. "Sophie, there's something I need to tell you,"He said, his voice low and intense.

I felt a flutter of nervousness in my stomach, unsure of what he was about to say. "What is it, Keefe?" I asked, my heart racing.

Keefe took a deep breath, his eyes locked on mine. "I... I've been wanting to do this for a long time," he said, leaning in closer to me.

And then, before I could react, he pressed his lips against mine in a gentle, sweet kiss. Time seemed to stand still as I melted into the moment, my heart soaring with emotion. The world faded away, leaving only Keefe and me in that perfect, magical instant.

When we finally pulled away, I looked into Keefe's eyes, overwhelmed by the depth of feeling I saw there. "I've been wanting to do that for a long time too," I whispered, a smile playing on my lips.

Keefe grinned, relief and joy shining in his eyes. "I'm glad we're on the same page, Sophie," he said, squeezing my hand.

As we sat there, holding hands and basking in the afterglow of our kiss, I knew that this was just the beginning of something wonderful. The rain continued to fall outside, but inside the cafe, our hearts were full of warmth and love.

And in that moment, as the world around us faded into the background, I knew that I was exactly where I was meant to be—with Keefe by my side, under the soft glow of the cafe lights, in a kiss shared in the rain. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 🥰🥰🥰🥰

NEW ONE-SHOT EVERY DAY THIS WEEK. (MON-FRI)

"We push him off." (Jason--Ski Slope Scare)

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183