Chapter 7: You Can't Help Who You Fall In Love With

I placed my guitar down carefully.

"Anyone want drinks?" I asked, and everyone said Coke. "Mike, can you lend me a hand?" He looked up from his guitar. 

"Huh?" He said.

"Help me get the drinks?" I repeated, and he agreed. He followed me to the kitchen, and I shut the door as he went to the fridge. I pulled him away and slammed him against the door, my face inches away from his. He protested, but I held on tight. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked.

"Come again?" He asked, and I sighed.

"Anna. Why don't you just make it totally obvious that you're staring at her? She's Tré's!" I yelled and he looked down.

"I know. I can't help it. She's so... pretty, and I just want to..." He made a weird face.

"Okay, so between you having a total crush on her even though she's dating Tré, please don't try and... insert her." I mumbled, and he pulled a face.

"I think I can control myself Billie, but thanks."

"Yeah, doesn't seem like it. Keep the fuck away from her and get some of these drinks, make your horny ass useful." I sighed, and he muttered something and got the rest of the drinks, then we carried them back to the rest of them, handing them around.

"Thanks Mike!" Tré said as Mike handed him a can. Mike smiled weakly and handed one to Anna. I saw them make eye contact. Mike was shaking. 

"Thanks sweets." She said, and he went bright red and turned to face me, mouthing 'help'. I tried not to laugh.

After practice, we decided to watch a movie. Tré got up halfway through.

"I gotta go." He said, putting his jacket on.

"I guess that means I do too." Anna said, putting her own jacket on.

"You don't have to. Mike has a car, watch the end of the movie, I can tell you're enjoying it," Tré said, and he kissed her cheek and he was gone. I jumped for Tré's now vacant armchair, which Anna had sat next to Tré on. She punched my arm playfully, and went to sit next to Mike. He looked uncomfortable straight away. 

"You okay?" She asked, and he nodded, shooting a scared look my way. The last thing I remember was feeling really tired.

I woke up to the sound of my nickname being whispered by a voice I knew well.

"Beej. BJ. Billie. Billie Joe!" I opened one eye to see Mike and Anna exactly the way I remembered them sitting, but Anna was asleep on Mike. They looked pretty comfortable.

"Whaaaaaaat." I said, and Mike gestured to him and Anna. "I don't see the problem." I said, and Mike nodded.

"She's on top of me!" He said, and I laughed.

"You wish," I said, and he grinned.

"I do, actually." He said, and I pulled a face.

"Faggot." I muttered, and he laughed, stirring Anna, who mumbled in her sleep and moved closer to Mike. Her mouth was now resting on his neck.

"Holy fuck..." Mike said, and I threw a pillow off Anna to wake her. She sat up, and rubbed her eyes.

I had to do it. We couldn't have Mike getting all... excited.

"What time is it?" She asked, and Mike checked his phone.

"Only 9am." He said, and she text Tré good morning. Mike offered to drive her home, and she agreed.

I said I'd tag along. I needed to make sure Mike wouldn't try and grope his best friend's girlfriend, after all.