Chapter 4: Punching Walls

Mike and Tré had to leave eventually. Billie didn't want them to go, but if he told them that they'd say he was soft. He let them leave, and told himself that he wasn't going to think about anything. He lay on his bed, listening to the silence. He was shaking, but he wasn't cold, he was angry. He was starting to think about things he didn't want to be thinking about. Taking drugs. He promised everyone that cared that he wouldn't. But he wanted to. He wanted to take drugs and drink, because it took away all of his anger and sadness and helped him have fun. He was so mad that he couldn't have fun. He got even more angry, not being able to stop himself doing what he was about to do. He pulled his fist back, letting out a groan of frustration as his fist cracked off the wall. 

"FUCK!" He yelled, and held it close to him. He looked at his fist, and could tell he had broken it. He bit his lip and tried not to yell at the pain, using his other hand to get out his phone, calling Mike. He answered straight away.

"Billie? What happened?" He asked. Billie smiled inside at the feeling of Mike knowing him so well.

"I've fucked up my hand." He said, sighing. He hated asking for help. 

"Shit. Okay, uh, call Tré and tell him I'm on my way over. We'll drive you up to get it checked out. How does it feel?" Mike asked.

"Fucking brilliant." Billie snapped.

"Okay. We won't be long." 

"Thanks," Billie muttered, and hung up. He dropped his phone on the floor and held his hurt hand in his normal one, wishing that his hands body heat would stop the pain but it wouldn't. He tried shaking it but it just felt worse. He cried out at the sharp pain just as Mike walked in followed by Tré, Mike looking tired and Tré looking like... well, Tré. Billie felt a stab of guilt as he saw how tired Mike looked. Billie caused so many problems, he wished that Mike and Tré didn't have to put up with him. Mike took Billie's arm and looked at his hand which was curled up.

"Can you straighten your fingers?" Mike asked, and Billie tried but he couldn't and ended up crying out in pain, which alarmed Mike. "Okay, okay! You can stop trying to do that. It's obviously broken. Did you punch a wall?" He asked, and Billie looked at him.

"How did you know that?" He asked, and Mike pointed to the dent in the wall. 

"I put two and two together." He said.

"That's one of the skills I lack," Tré joked, and Mike led Billie to the car with Tré to get it checked out.