Chapter 9: He Knows!

*Mike P.O.V*

Billie did calm me down a bit. He told me to go home and think, so that is what I did. I had been lying on the couch for about an hour when my phone went off. I answered.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Mike." It was Anna.

"Yeah?"

"He knows."

It's amazing how terrified those two words could make me.

"Uh... Where is he?"

"He's on his way to see you. I'm sorry, I tried to stop him but he was really mad. I don't even know how he found out. He just... Knew. I'm so sorry Mike."

I hung up and sat with my head in my hands. This could not be happening. My door opened and in stormed Tré.

"You fucker." Uh oh.

"Let me explain..." I started.

"No. If you fucking liked her, you should have fucking told me, because I would have backed down. Because guess what? Our friendship actually fucking meant something to me. But you kissed her behind my back?!"

"Tré... I'm sorry..." I didn't know what else to say. He grabbed me and pulled me up, and threw me off the wall. Not hard enough to hurt me, but I hit the wall with some force. "Tré!" I tried again. He stepped towards me with a look on his face I'd never seen him wear. He raised his fist. Oh, fuck. The door burst open suddenly.

"Mike!" Anna screamed, and she ran towards me as Billie grabbed Tré. She hugged me tight and I could feel Tré's eyes on us. Billie stood holding Tre's arm. He didn't look happy.

"You guys. We're trying to record an album, and instead we're fighting. This is fucking ridiculous. I was hoping Anna was kidding when she said you were here, Tré. It's a stupid fight. Get over it." Billie Joe said, letting Tré go. I couldn't help the words that came out of my mouth next.

"What do you fucking know about love, Billie Joe? You've never kept a girl for more than a week." Billie looked at me, his eyes full of hate. He'd never looked at me like that before, I'd never hurt him like that. I had obviously touched a nerve. He shoved past me, out the door. "Billie..." I said, hoping he'd turn around, but he didn't. Tré and Anna left too, eventually leaving me to simply think about how much of an awful human being I am.