Chapter 13: Unlucky or Lucky?

Mike was a whiny bitch. But I could tell he actually felt like shit, so I helped out as much as I could. I let him sleep most of the time, only waking him to give him medicine and make him eat. But then he got a fever, which was good and bad, bad because, well it's a fever and good because it meant the sickness was going away. I looked at him as he slept. I held the back of my hand against his forehead. He was really warm. I figured I could help somehow and wet a cloth and put it over his head. I was such a good friend. Not. I turned the tv on, low volume. There was a knock at the door so I answered it. Tré shouldn't come round, I figured he knew practice was cancelled. But I was Anna. I leant against the doorframe, looking at her.

"Where is he." She demanded, and I laughed.

"God, you get straight to the point don't you?" I said, and she punched my arm weakly.

"Where IS he, Billie." I smiled and shrugged. I loved winding her up. "Billie Joe Armstrong, if you don't tell me where Michael Dirnt is I'm going to cut your balls off." She said, serious expression. I held my hands up in surrender and stepped aside, and she walked over to a still sleeping Mike, laying her hand across his forehead.

"Billie, he has a fever!" She scolded me.

"I know that. But there's notice I can do, is there? I'm not fucking Jesus." I muttered.

"I should hope you're not. You can make yourself useful and go get fever reducer though. Treat yourself to a coffee or something. My treat." I nodded and she handed me some money. I threw a hoodie on and left my apartment. She was already like a fucking wife to Mike. What's stupid is they're so good together, but I know how important the band is to Mike. He'd never lose Tré over a girl. I walked into the store, and had to ask the woman what I was looking for. She showed me and I thanked her, buying it. Now for coffee. I went along to a little coffee shop down the road, called Trish's. I entered and put the hood to my jacket down, letting my dyed blonde hair free. I should really stop dying that. I walked up to the counter and ordered, and chatted to the guy standing behind there. He was nice. I got my coffee and turned to leave, and was face to face with a girl. I jumped a little and she laughed.

Man that's a cute laugh.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you!" She laughed.

"You didn't. I just do that a lot." She grinned.

"Sure you do. I'm Adrienne." She held a hand out.

"Billie Joe." I shook her hand.

"Yeah... Yeah, you are! From Green Day right?!" I nodded, smiling.

"You guys are awesome. Do you have an album to buy?"

"We're working on an album now, Dookie. Mike's sick though, which is why I've got this," I held the medicine up.

"Oh. Well I really want to buy the album when it comes out!" She said.

"Well, uh, if you give me you're number, I'll call you when the first store gets it in.." I muttered quickly, nervous as fuck.

"I think I caught that. Here," she handed me a piece of paper. "Good to meet ya, Billie Joe." She smiled and walked off, and I started the walk home. Anna practically jumped on me.

"Where the fuck have you been?! I was worried sick!" She said dramatically, hitting me on the arm.

"Nowhere." I grinned.