Chapter 11: Well This Is Weird

*Billie POV*

I decided that I wasn't going to leave Mike alone. He suffered anxiety and panic attacks, and I wanted him to be okay.

I woke up on something soft. I kept my eyes closed as I checked my watch. 9:25am. Tré would be round in five minuets for practice. I sighed and closed my eyes again. I was at Mike's. I remembered that. I was so tired for some reason, that I closed my eyes once again.

I was woken up by someone. Green hair. Tré. I focused on him, and he raised his eye brow at me, and then on a spot a little to my left. I turned to see a sleeping Mike. And I was leaning on him. I laughed and flicked his ear.

"Ow." Mike said, waking up. He was a very easy person to wake up.

"Sorry to interrupt your bonding time, but practice was supposed to start 10 minuets ago." Tré muttered, and walked off downstairs.

Practice was good, we played the new song we'd wrote, and Tré loved it. I named it Pulling Teeth. I suggested a few drum beats to Tré, and he accepted them and tried them all out.

"How about an extra beat every two-" Mike was cut off by Tré's sudden drum solo. I could see the look of hurt on Mike's face, but Green Day don't do emotional shit, so I changed the subject and we kept playing.

"Tré, how about you do a beat in the middle of-" Tré interrupted Mike once again. "...My sentence." Mike finished, and I laughed. Tré didn't even smile. "Okay, I'm done with this shit. Do you want me to stop seeing her? Will that make you fucking happy?!" Mike yelled, and Tré glared at him.

"Yes. I like Anna and I want to date her. Maybe I can forgive you if you promise to never speak to her again. Or that's it Mike, our friendship is over." Tré said. Mike stared at him. Tré's words had obviously got to Mike.

"...okay," he said quietly.

"What?" Tré asked.

"I won't speak to her." Mike said, and Tré looked at him.

"Our friendship is really that important?" Tré asked, and Mike nodded.

"It really is Tré." Tré smiled.

"Thanks buddy.'

I cleared my throat.

"'Kay then, if you guys are finished with the lovey dovey shit, can we practice?" They laughed and agreed, and I sighed with relief as I saw Tré acting like Tré again.

Anna walked in and walked straight up to Tré, kissing him. I glanced over at Mike as I pretended to tune Blue, my guitar. He was looking at Anna and Tré. He looked damn hurt too. Anna smiled at him and he gave her a casual nod, but knowing Mike this long pays off. I can read him like a fucking book. This was killing him.

"I need some air. I'm not feeling too good." Mike muttered, and he stood his bass up and left.

"...excuse me." I said awkwardly, and walked up to Mike outdoors. He was leaning against the wall, eyes shut. I grabbed him by the arm and he opened his eyes. "Mike. What the fuck, that was so obvious." I exclaimed, and he groaned.

"I actually don't feel good BJ." He said and I scoffed.

"So is this how practice is gonna be from now on? You're completely normal until Tré and Anna show up, then you fake sick and go home?" I demanded, and he leant against the wall, closing his eyes again.

"Mike!" I shouted, and he looked at me. "Stop faking sick. It worked with your mom, it won't work with me!" I dragged him into the music room again and practically threw him back into his spot. He looked at me with a look of plead, but I ignored it. We started to play Longview. Mike wrote his own bassline for this and it's fucking awesome. I started to sing my part.

"I sit around and watch the tube, but nothing's on

I change the channel for an hour or two

Twiddle my thumbs just for a bit

Sit of all the same old shit..."

I stopped singing when I heard Mike's bass line stop. I turned to see him just standing there.

"Mike?" Tré asked, crossing his drumsticks and placing them down.

"Mike!" I yelled, and he suddenly collapsed, actually hitting his head off my guitar neck. I dumped my guitar down and knelt next to him, shaking him. "Mike, c'mon man, open your eyes." He didn't and Tré took the hint to call an ambulance when even ice water couldn't wake him. After a couple failed attempts to wake him, A bunch of hospital people ran into the flat and got him on a stretcher, and he was carried away from us. I followed Tré and Anna who said something about following the ambulance, even though right now I was more focused on feeling like the biggest asshole in the world.