Chapter 28

"Billieeeeee."

Someone was trying to wake me. I moaned and rolled over.

"Bill." I was prodded in the back.

"What, Mike." I grumbled.

"Phone for youuuu." I didn't move. "It's Adie." I shot upwards and snatched the phone, holding it to my ear.

"Billie?" She was crying.

"Yeah. S'matter Adie?" I said, looking up at Mike.

"I don't know what to do," She cried down the phone. "My mom is making me leave."

"Why?" I asked.

"She disowned me because I told her something." Adie said.

"What did you... Adie, are you pregnant?" I asked, and Mike raised an eye brow.

"No. Honestly, I'm not. I- I told her that I'd met you. She knows you and she thinks you're a bad influence, so she told me I can't see you, but I want to." Adie said.

"Then move out! Come and live with me!" I said.

"I- I tried that. She said there's no way I'm moving out until I'm married and she knows I'm in a secure relationship." Adrienne's words seemed to circle around my brain as I looked up at a very confused looking Mike.

"Okay, here's what you're gonna do. You're gonna call up the airport,  book a flight over here, and we're gonna get married." I said. There was silence down the phone.

"A- Are you crazy?" She said.

"We don't have to stay married. I just want you out of there. You can live here. Please?" I said. She paused.

"Alright. I'll be down there soon. Thanks, Billie." She hung up and I looked up at Mike as he took the phone.

"What the hell is going on?" He asked.

"Adie is flying out here. We're gonna get married. Tell Tre." I said, nodding.

"You're fucking crazy, Beej." Mike muttered, before walking off while shaking his head. I heard him call for Tre.

"Tre! You're not gonna believe this..."