Chapter 10: Friendless

*Mike POV*

I sat alone in my living room. I had called Billie multiple times and he hadn't answered. When he finally did, I couldn't get a word in before I was told to fuck off. I got the same treatment from Tré. I sat with my head in my hands, hating myself. I let out a groan and punched the floor, which hurt but I couldn't care if I tried. I was almost at the level of crying, when there was a knock at the door. I got up slowly, and peeked through the letterbox. Anna. I froze, and opened the door slowly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, and she brought me into her arms.

"I thought you could use that."

"Thank you," I murmured, our bodies pressed together. Suddenly, she shut the door with her foot and pushed me up against a wall. Then her lips were on mine.

"Anna..." I mumbled, when she finally let me speak.

"Don't resist it when I know you want it as much as I do." She said.

Damn, can this chick read minds?

I moved my mouth so she couldn't reach it. Big mistake. Her mouth was on my neck in seconds.

"Oh, god..." I moaned, trying not to let myself get carried away.

Come on Mike, you're stronger than this...

I pushed her off me gently, and backed up to the sofa. She sighed and walked over, and our faces were inches apart. I thought she was going to kiss me again, but she hugged me tight. I hugged her back happily. Hugs, I'm okay with. Suddenly I felt her breath on my neck, and I shivered. She pushed me on the couch lightly and climbed on top of me. I tried to get up without success. She kissed my neck and I tried to resist her, but she was right. I wanted this as much as she did. And the rest... Well, the rest is history.

*later that night*

I woke up with my arms around a sleeping Anna. I smiled at her, and my smile was straight away replaced by a feeling of dread. I'd just fucked my best friends girlfriend. AFTER I had kissed her. I shook her awake gently, and she woke up and smiled at me. I kissed her head and she got up and got dressed straight away. She kissed me again, and then she was gone. I sat down on the couch. I didn't feel satisfied. Well, I did, but not the right way. I didn't feel anything but guilt. I got a beer and turned the tv on, when there was a knock at the door. Was Anna back for more? I couldn't go through with that again. I put my beer down and answered the door.

"An... Tré?" Tré blinked at me. Oh god, what if he knew I was going to say Anna? But he actually smiled.

"Hey Mikey." I furrowed my brow and he sighed. "I've been thinking. You don't fall in love easily... Anna must be different. After all, we'd only been together for like, a week. An you only kissed her. I overreacted. Have her, buddy." I smiled and nodded.

"Thanks Tré. I'll take good care of her." He smiled back and hugged me tightly.

Fuck, shit, fuck.

"Why do you smell like Anna's perfume?.." Tré asked, and I stuttered.

"I, uh.. Like the smell of it?" Tré shook his head at me.

"You slept with Anna?" I nodded, helpless. Was I supposed to lie to him? "You fucker." Within a minute, I was up against the wall again, but it wasn't as nice this time. I pushed Tré off me and we fell on the floor. He got up first and pulled me up, and then he did something he'd never done before. He punched me in the face. I yelled out and protested, but he did it again, and again. I just took it. I deserved it.

But Billie burst in.

"Tré, you crazy mother fucker, get off him!" He pulled Tré off me, and then Tré stormed out. Billie leant over me. "Mike, can you hear me?" My vision was blurry and there was a dull thudding sensation in my head. I groaned and tried to open my eyes. I succeeded and saw Billie's concerned face. He tried to sit me up, and then everything went black.

*Billie POV*

Mike was gone, I'd tried to move him and he'd just totally collapsed. I'm quite a 'petite' man, so I couldn't get him up. I slapped him across the face but there was no reaction. I went to the kitchen, got a cup of water and added ice. I came back out an threw the iced water off his face. He opened his eyes. I held my hand out and he took it, and I helped him to the couch. I got him ice for his bruises.

"I deserved that." He muttered, holding ice up to his black eye.

"I wouldn't say you deserved it. It's not your fault you fell in love." I said, and he looked up.

"Yeah, but it's my fault that I have no self control so I fucked her." He said, and I just stared at him.

"I did warn you," I said, and he groaned and put his hands over his eyes.

"Yes, you did warn me and I should have fucking listened. I'm so sorry Billie. And also for what I said. I was just pissed off. I'm sure you've been in love before." Mike said. I was still a little pissed to be honest, but I'd known the guy since he was 10, and he'd always been here for me, and I had really treated him like shit before.

"It's okay." I said, and he gave a weak smile. I passed a mirror over, and he grimaced.

"Ugh, I'm all busted up. Look at my wrist too," he said, showing me. I wasn't concentrating.

"I'm all busted up

Broken bones and nasty cuts

Accidents will happen

But this time I can't get up." I sang, and Mike smiled.

"That's quite good..." He said, and he appeared to be thinking.

"You writing a bassline?" I asked, and he nodded. Anna burst in and ran over to him.

"Mike, oh my god are you okay?!" She hugged him tight and Mike just looked at me. I knew what he was about to do.

"She comes to check on me

Making sure I'm on my knees

After all, she's the one

Who put me, in this state." Mike sang, and I laughed.

"Perfect!" I said. Anna was not amused.

"You're not funny. You're writing a song about your friends pain?" She asked, and I nodded.

"It's the best way to write a song. Tell the truth." I said, and she nodded. Mike was looking at her in that way again.

"Is she ultra violet

Is she disturbed

I better tell her that.." I sang.

"I love her," Mike sang with me.

"Before she does it all over again," Mike added.

"Oh god, she's killing me!" I said, and I wrote it all down. That would be useful. Anna was shaking her head.

"You guys are weird." I laughed and left them two, I needed to talk to a certain Mr Tré Cool. I was able to convince him to come to practice tomorrow, as log as he didn't have to speak to Mike.

This was going to be harder than I thought.