Chapter 16: Why?

Billie and Mike sat, fiddling about with the guitars. They weren't really talking either. Suddenly Tré opened the door and Anna bounced in, holding a small piece of paper. She thrust it at Billie's face. 

"Look Billie! It's my baby!" She said, showing him the ultrasound picture. Billie peered at it.

"That's extremely interesting, Anna." Billie muttered.

"Mike?" Mike looked up. "You wanna see?" Anna asked him. Mike looked unsure and then nodded. She handed him the photo and then ran over to Tré, hugging him tight. Billie however, was watching Mike. He was staring at the picture, and he didn't seem to be able to look away. Billie watched him as he just stared at the picture. That would be a weird feeling.

"Mike?" Tré asked. Mike swallowed and looked up. "You okay?" Tré asked. Mike forced a smile and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm happy for you." Mike said, his voice cracking a little.

"I know! I'm gonna be a dad!" Tré said. Mike just stared at him. Tré said something about dinner and went to go pick it up. As soon as he left the room, Mike covered his face with his hands.

"Oh shit. What are we gonna do? Do we tell him?" Mike asked.

"No. Unless you want to ruin the friendship... Plus, you'll always be around the baby anyway." Anna said.

"So we just never tell him? Ever?" Mike asked. Billie stayed silent knowing how serious this was.

"It's up to you." Anna said. Mike sighed.

Were they gonna tell him?