Chapter 25: Goodbye

*Billie POV*

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. Well, I say 'woke up', I never slept.

Adrienne.

I groaned and rolled over, burying my face in the pillow again.

Adrienne.

I groaned again and slapped myself on the back of the head.

The door went.

I stumbled out of bed and downstairs, rubbing my eyes as I opened the door.

Adrienne. She smiles weakly, so I smiled back.

Until I reconized the suitcase.

"Y-You're going now?" I asked. She nodded and my heart dropped.

"I wanted to say goodbye properly." She said. She dropped the handbag she was holding and wrapped her arms around my middle, pressing her face into my chest. I brought my hands up to her head, holding her tight. She moved her head to the crook of my neck, and I heard her sniff.

"Don't cry," I said soothingly, even though I was almost in tears myself.

"I-I'm trying not to," She said shakily. I kissed her temple as Mike appeared with Tré. He looked confused but they stepped around us carefully.

I finally let her go.

"Goodbye, Billie Joe." She said, and then she was gone.

I shut the door, the loud noise echoing through the empty house. Even Tré and Mike were being silent, watching me carefully.

"Beej?" Mike asked carefully. I didn't answer him. I just wanted to cry. I think Mike knew, because he shuffled over and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back gratefuly, and couldn't stop begining to cry. Mike rubbed my back soothingly, and Tré walked over and patted my back too.

Why the fuck was I crying? I never cried infront of people. I'd never cried infront of Tré.

I'd only cried once in front of Mike, when we were younger and my dad died.

"I already miss her Mike," I sobbed.

What the fuck is wrong with me.

"I know." Mike said soothingly, casting a worried glance in Tré's direction.

This was harder than I thought it would be.