Chapter 20: Minnesota

*A/N holy crap do I love you guys. Thank you so much for the votes and the comments, they make me smile so much, I mean you have no idea. Please comment, because I will reply to every single one of you. Love you all <3*

*Billie POV*

We had several locations before Minnesota, and then after Minnesota we had several places in California, where we lived. So basically we had to tour in Minnesota and then back to our home town for a few more shows. But Minnesota was the one I was looking forward too.

Adrienne.

I hadn't told her I was coming. I wanted to surprise her. And plus, it was there that I was going to tell her how I really felt. And Mike was going to do the same, but with Anna of course. Tré had no idea. I hoped to hell he would let it slide, because it killed Mike when Tré wouldn't talk to him. But here we are, the last show is over in this location, and now we're off to Minnesota.

Its nice in Minnesota. The people are really friendly. And we have good fans here too. Every single show has been great.

But I can't find Adrienne.

I've looked everywhere for her. No one knows where she is. So I'm sort of depressed right now. So is Mike. I think he's missing Anna. He's not the same when we're on stage. We only have one more show in Minnesota and then we're going back to California. The show tonight is going to be good, I can tell. The set list I great too. And the place is huge, lots of space for me to run around on stage, something which is my speciality. I've looked around and it's a pretty nice place too. Now we're backstage and it's around five minuets to show time.

I can't wait.

As soon as I was onstage, I forgot all my problems with Adrienne. My mind focused on the music and making sure people enjoyed it. Which they looked like they were. I saw Mike end his bassline and step forward to the front of the audience but I thought nothing of it.

Until he pulled a woman on stage.

A beautiful woman, with dark brown eyes and long dreadlocks.

Adrienne.

My heart fluttered and I walked over to her, pulling her over to me and putting my fingers in the right place on the fret board while telling her to strum the guitar, which she did perfectly. The crowd cheered and she went to make her way back to the crowd, but I stopped her.

"Meet me after the show," I said into her ear, and she nodded and hopped off the stage. I smiled gratefully at Mike, who saluted me, and we finished the show.

After the show, I took my guitar to my dressing room and stood it up. I drank some water because my voice was almost gone. As I sat down, I heard a knock. I shouted come in, and my heart sped up as Adrienne stuck her head in the door.

"Am I okay to come in?" She said, and I nodded. She sat opposite me and I smiled at her. "Uh, Mike said you wanted to speak to me?" I nodded and grinned to myself.

What a faggot. He had to make me go first, didn't he?

"Adrienne..." I said, and I played with my fingers. I had never been this nervous before in my life. "Uhm..." I said, and she tilted her head to the side a bit, as if she was confused.

"Billie Joe?" She asked, waiting for an explanation.

"I really like you." I said, and she smiled.

"I like you too Billie Joe." She said, but her eyes looked confused. She didn't get it.

"No. I mean, I LIKE you," I said, and she blinked.

"As in..." She began. I nodded. She blushed and put her hands on the sides of her face. "Billie Joe... I... We live so far apart... A relationship would never work... I'm in Minnesota, and you're in California. I mean, I have the same feelings, but I'm seeing someone." She said. I looked down.

"Me too. But I don't like her." I looked her in the eyes. "I want you. You're mine. Please don't stay here." I said, and her eyes filled with tears.

"Don't, Billie Joe. Don't go there. I miss you so much when you're gone... But I'm in a relationship. If I was in California, I'd be with you, no doubt about it. But life just doesn't work out that way, Billie." Her words were slowly killing me, but I smiled on the inside because she called me Billie, instead of Billie Joe. Which she had never done since I met her and told her My name was Billie Joe. I decided to shorten her name in return.

"Adie. Please don't tell me I'm going back to California without you," I said. "Come with me." I said suddenly, and she sighed.

"I wish I could. But I'd be leaving my whole family. I can't." She said sadly.

"Adrienne.." I said, looking up at her. She smiled sadly and leant in and I thought she was going to kiss me, but she just pecked my forehead in a motherly way and said

"I'm gonna miss you, Billie Joe Armstrong."

And then she was gone.