Chapter 31: Mike's Falling Apart.

*Mike's P.O.V*

The first night it was 5 beers.

The second night it was 10.

And then it spiralled out of control. I didn't know what day it was, or what time it was, all I knew was that Anna had broke my heart. I hadn't heard from Billie or Tre, I had been ignoring their calls. Billie tried to come over yesterday, he knocked on my door and said he was 'worried' about me but I never answered the door.

I think he's scared to burst in, in case I'm dead.

I don't even care anymore, I want Anna back.

She was my whole world.

The only good thing is that my mom is better, cleared of any possible cancer cells.

Around what fucking-ever-o'clock, Billie knocked again and I ignored him.

"Mike open this door right now or I'll barge in anyway!" Billie yelled. I stayed still and heard him attempting to barge the door down with his shoulder. He swore and tried again, and I heard the door smack open and him running to my room.

It was then I realized what state I was in. I hadn't shaved or showered, I hadn't eaten in days. I had just drank. Empty beer, vodka and whiskey bottles were scattered around me, some of them broken. I could remember trying to pick them up while I was drunk. I had tripped and the glass had cut down my arm. I had dark circles around my eyes and just generally looked like death.

It confirmed that I was right when Billie burst in, looked me up and down and shook his head.

I must really look dead.

"Oh god, Mike." He walked over, carefully avoiding the bottles and glass, wrapping his arms around me. I shuffled closer to him, and he rubbed circles on my back. "You're a mess. First thing's first, get your ass in the shower. And have a shave. I'll make you something to eat and clear up a bit." I nodded in response and dragged myself to the bathroom.

I stared in the mirror as I pulled my clothes off, surprised at how dead I actually looked. I stepped into the shower and let the water warm me, sighing as it relieved the tension in my muscles from just lying around. I washed the cuts on my arms with soap, wincing when I felt the sting. I washed the rest of my body, then my hair before stepping out and wrapping a towel around my waist. I towel dried my hair, leaving it sticking up all over the place before brushing my teeth then splashing my face with cold water.

Looking up at the mirror again, I noticed I looked more alive. My cheeks had a slight blush to them and my eyes were more lively. I shaved quickly and plodded barefoot to my bedroom.

The whole room was clean, there were no bottles or glass and my blinds were open which was letting the sun in. My bed was also made, with a clean black Ramones vest and skinny jeans.

I got changed quickly and looked in the mirror. My hair was sticking up all over, it looked like a lion's mane. I shrugged it off and went to the kitchen. There was a bowl of cereal and some coffee on the table, like I always had for breakfast. Billie was leaning against the counter, smiling.

"Hey! You're alive!" I nodded and sat at the table, beginning to eat my cereal.

When I was done, I hugged Billie quickly. "Thank you."

He smiled and nodded. "It's alright, I know you would do the same for me."

Then I sat and had a coffee with him.

He made me okay again.