Chapter 34: Mom

The next morning when I woke up, there was someone at the door. I kissed Adrienne's cheek and went downstairs, opening the door.

"Billie Joe! It is 1pm, did you just wake up?" She felt my face. "Are you sick? Do you have a fever?" I shook my head.

"Lazy." She tapped my cheek gently and walked past me, into the living room, pausing after she looked around.

"It's clean? What's going on?" I laughed at her and hugged her from behind. "And you don't feel as skinny. You've been eating. What changed?"

Just then, Adrienne came downstairs.

Nice timing, Adie.

"Who's this?" My mom asked, turning to look at me. I walked over to Adrienne, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Mom, this is Adrienne... Armstrong."

My mom rolled her eyes and looked to Adrienne. "I gave up with Billie Joe a long time ago. You're a very brave woman." Adrienne smiled polietly back before nudging me.

"Oh yeah and we're having a baby." My mom sighed loudly, flicking my forehead.

"You, Mr Armstrong, will be the reason for putting me in an early grave." I smiled at her and we talked for a while before she left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*A/N* Just a short update to get things running again. :)