Chapter 35: Sturdiness Test

Adrienne woke me up the next morning, tapping the side of my face gently until I opened my eyes.

"Bill, we need to go baby shopping today." She said and I nodded, pulling myself up as I saw she was already dressed. I pulled a shirt and pants on then got my car keys, walking to the car with her.

"Do you think it'll be a little girl or a boy?" I asked her, as I started the car and pulled out of the driveway, beginning the drive to the store.

"I think it's a boy." She said, and I looked at her.

"See, I think it's a girl." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"And I'm the one carrying it in my stomach, you twat." I snorted and pulled up at the store, and we both got out of the car before walking inside, heading straight to the baby aisle.

We looked at all the cribs, deciding on a white one as it was suitable for both genders.

"I wonder how sturdy it is. I don't want it to collapse." Adrienne said, and I looked around before climbing into the crib and pouting at her.

"Feed me." I whined, putting a baby voice on. She laughed and helped me out.

"Sturdy enough, I guess. This ones good." I picked up the box with the crib in and we headed over to pick up other supplies, like nappies and bottles and... basically the whole store.

We drove back home and I put all the stuff in a spare room as Adrienne cooked dinner. Curiosity got the best of me as I opened the crib box and started to assemble the crib. After a while, I stood back and admired my handiwork.

I opened a few of the other bags and got a pacifier out, staring at it for a while. This is going to be my kids'.

I hopped downstairs to the kitchen and Adrienne served me food, which was bacon sandwiches. The door opened and Tré walked in with Mike.

"Bacon!" Tré yelled and Adrienne laughed, serving Mike and Tré as well as herself.

After that, Adrienne announced she was going to take a nap and headed upstairs.

Now was a good time.

"Guys? I have something to tell you." I said, and they both looked at me. "Adrienne's pregnant."

They stayed quiet for a while until Mike spoke up. "Aw man, I told you two not to get sexual." He smiled and patted my hand. "Congrats, Beej."

Tré smiled and said congratulations too, and we went to the living room to watch cartoons.

Because at the end of the day, I don't have to grow up yet.