Chapter 39: Sickness

My plan was to talk to Mike today. I didn't want to be arguing like this, he's my best friend.

So I woke up, got washed and dressed and drove over to Mike's.

When I got there, I knocked on the door and waited.

"Oh." He said as he opened the door. "Hello."

I nodded and looked past him. "Can I come in?" He nodded too and let me in before following me to the living room.

"So what's up?" He asked.

"I need to talk to you." I mumbled, and he looked nervous straight away. "O..okay."

"Why are you such a douche?"

I saw anger flash in his eyes and he stepped towards me. "I am not."

"You are. You've been a total douche recently."

He growled and unfolded his arms, clenching his fists. "I haven't."

"Yes you have." I said, taking a deep breath when I started feeling light headed.

"No I haven't! Have you ever stopped to think that it could be you being the douche?!" He yelled, moving his face close to mine.

I suddenly felt really dizzy, so I stepped back and grabbed onto Mike, trying to steady myself. He grabbed my hands and pushed me off him, looking furious. I tried to grab him again but couldn't, and he pushed me again just as I fell backwards and collapsed.

Everything went black.

I woke up to someone stroking my hair. I looked up to see Adrienne, sitting on the side of my bed and running her fingers through my hair. I looked around and realised I was in a hospital. I couldn't see Mike or Tré anywhere.

She looked at me when she felt me move. "Hi sweetie. How're you feeling?" She asked.

I rubbed my eyes. "A little better."

She smiled and kissed my cheek. "Good. Doctor said you had a nasty case of food poisoning going on. Didn't you throw up?"

I thought for a while before nodding. "I thought it was just stress."

"Silly Bill. He said you should be feeling better really soon." I nodded and looked around.

"Where are the guys?"

"They went to eat. Mike didn't want to leave you, he said he felt like this was his fault."

I looked down at my hands and nodded. "I can see why he thinks that. But it wasn't."

"Don't you worry about it. Get some sleep, I'm sure they'll be here when you wake up." She stood up, and it was then I realised how pregnant she was.

"Alright." I closed my eyes as she tucked me in and fell asleep shortly after that.