Chapter 42: Just Kidding

*Mike P.O.V*

I wasn't sure what was going on with Billie. I decided to call him over, maybe have a drink and talk.

I got some alcohol out of my cupboard and called him over, but by the time he was here, I had drank most of it anyway. When we finally sat down to talk, he seemed nervous, as if he knew something that I didn't know.

"Okay, I think we need to figure out what's going on here." Billie said, and my head span with the alcohol as I answered.

"Weeeeeell, I kissed you because I'm in love with you," I slurred, and he widened his eyes.

"You're what?"

"In love with you," I slurred again.

I watched as he teared up and took my hands in his. "Oh Mikey. I'm in love with you too, I think. Well, I know." I leaned in and kissed him, and he kissed back, and that's where it goes blank.

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

The next morning, I woke up with a tickle-y nose. I looked down to see Billie asleep, with his head resting against my chest. His hair was the tickling offender. I moved my arms from being wrapped around him and felt my legs under the covers. Naked. I frowned and looked under the covers, discovering Billie was naked too. Considering I now felt satisfied, I knew that Billie and I'd had sex. I groaned inwardly and watched him as he slept, a warm feeling spreading in my chest, but I caught myself.

No. NO. You are not in love with your best friend. In fact, you'll do anything not to be in love with him. Make him hate you.

I shook Billie awake, muttering a quick 'we fucked' to help him wake up further.

"Yes, I know. We said we were in love with each other." He said, looking slightly confused. "You said it first."

Panic rose in my chest and I got dressed quickly. "We'll, I'm not in love with you. I was shitassed drunk, and I was kidding. I thought you were too."

I saw the hurt in his eyes. He looked absoulutely crushed. I ignored the twinge in my heart and watched as he got dressed.

When he was fully dressed, he nodded at me, looking down and speaking so quietly that it was barely auidible, his voice cracking as he spoke. "Yeah.. I was kidding too. Hillarious, huh." With that, he walked out and I knew we'd never be the same again, I knew I'd lost my best friend.

I sat on the bed and waited for the door to shut, and when it did, I cried for Billie.

I cried for the love that I'd just lost and I cried for the love that I'd never have again.