Chapter 18: Breakdown

It had been several weeks since Anna had lost the baby. She had kind of came to terms with it, and wasn't crying as much. Tré was the same as Anna, but he too was coming to terms with it. Mike was a different story. Because he wasn't aloud to be sad, really. Around Tré, if Mike was sad, Tré would know something was up. So Mike had to keep it all inside. But Billie knew Mike, and well. Mike was going to crack, and everything he'd kept inside would come out. And then Tré would find out. Eventually. And, there was one more problem.

Adrienne.

She'd stayed a little longer, so she could be a friend to Anna. But she was going back to Minnesota soon. Billie didn't want her to go. He had the biggest crush on her, and she didn't even know. He didn't want to tell her, because what if she felt the same and then she had to leave? So, Like Mike, Billie was keeping a whole mess of crap inside. And it didn't feel good.

They were all sitting around after practice, watching a movie when the door went.

*Billie POV* 

I said I'd answer the door, and when I opened it I got the shock of my life.

"Adrienne!" I said, and she smiled but she looked sad. She had a suitcase. Everyone looked up.

"Hi Billie Joe." She said.

"What... what's going on?" I asked, eying the suitcase.

"I'm leaving now." She said, and I could see her blinking back tears.

"Forever?" I asked.

"Yep." She said, and I swear my heart actually broke into a million pieces. I felt Tré's hand on my shoulder, comforting me. "Can we talk somewhere private?" She asked. I nodded and led her through the apartment. We went into the garden and I shut the door. It was dark apart from the slight light coming from the stars above. She looked me up and down, and I could tell she was thinking of something to say.

"Adrienne... do you have to go?" I asked. She nodded and took both my hands. There was a spark and I bet she felt it too.

"Billie Joe... you're amazing. I had no idea what I was doing with myself when I moved here. I just knew I wanted to be away from home. But my parents want me back, and I can't say no. I would've had a shit time if I hadn't of met you, I mean, I would never have met Mike, Tré and Anna. I've had a great time with you." By the time she had finished, a tear was rolling down her face. I wiped it away carefully with my thumb. She sniffed and wrapped her arms around me, and I hugged her tight, breathing in her scent for the last time. She looked into my eyes one last time, and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you, Billie Joe Armstrong." And with that, she was gone. I waited for her to leave the house, which was after she had said goodbye to everyone, and then I went back the living room and sat with my chin resting on my hand. Why couldn't I get her out of my head? Anna suddenly spoke up.

"What's up Billie? Suddenly realizing you're in love?" She asked. I looked up.

"I'm not in love." I said.

"Denial." Tré said, and even Mike agreed.

"Oh, shut up. You know nothing." I muttered. They shrugged and started watching a movie again.

...Were they right?