Chapter 21: Anna, I Like You

Well, shit. Bille and Adrienne didn't work out.

And now I had to tell Anna.

I'm shitting myself.

We got on the flight back to California. Billie Joe's voice is totally gone, he sounds like a dying cat. So he has been living on throat sweets. He was asleep on my shoulder right now, and Tré was in hyper mode so y'know, what can you do. I'm just going to let Billie sleep because he's had a rough time. And he's sick. Poor guy.

When the flight ended, I had to shake Billie awake. He woke up but refused to move, so I carried him, throwing him over my shoulder. He's a tiny guy, it wasn't a challenge. He stayed asleep as I carried him, but woke up when we got to the car. He fell asleep on me again when I sat down in the car though. I took him to mine and made him sleep on the couch. I wasn't going to let him stay alone. Tré went home to catch up on sleep, which was what I was supposed to be doing. But I couldn't sleep. So I sat awake, listening to the sounds of Billie snoring softly. The door went and I opened it to Anna. I was suddenly very aware of my ruffled hair. She smiled and fixed it.

"Hey Mikey. Rough night?" She asked. I grinned.

"More like rough sleep. Aka NO sleep." I said, and she laughed.

"So.. Billie said you had something to talk to me about?" She asked. I looked at a sleeping Billie, to see him smile a little.

What a bitch that man is.

"Uh... Yeah. Why don't you come with me." I led her by the arm to the kitchen, and sat opposite her on the table. "So... Uhm... you okay?" I asked awkwardly.

"Yeah. Mike please tell me what you're thinking." She said. I was going to have to just tell her.

"I like you. I like you a lot, actually." I said, and felt the heat rushing to my face.

"Oh Mike. I know. I like you a lot too. But Tré..."

"I know," I replied, not missing a beat. "But... If Tré ever agreed to let us be together..." I said cautiously.

"I'd like that." She smiled.

"I guess I have to talk to Tré." I said, and she nodded.

"I'll tell him to come over when he wakes up. In the meantime, look after Billie." She said, and I agreed.

It was about half an hour after Anna left that Tré turned up. I took him to the kitchen and sat him down.

"Tré. This is really important okay?" I said.

"Okay." He said.

"Anna... I like her... A lot..." I said, and he looked at me, serious.

"You mean, you LIKE her, like her?" He asked, and I nodded. He stayed serious. "And did you tell her?" He asked, and I hesitated before nodding again. "And what did she say?" He asked.

"She said... She said she likes me too. But she didn't want to hurt you, Tré." I said, and he put his chin on his hand.

"Mike, I'm going to ask you a question. And I want an honest answer." He said, more serious than I'd ever saw him. "When you told Anna all of this, did you kiss?" He looked me in the eyes, and I didn't break the eye contact.

"No, we didn't." I said.

"Thank you. I'll break up with her Mike. You guys clearly want to be together," He nodded.

"Thank you Tré. So much." I said, and I hugged him. He laughed at me.

"That's fine Mikey. Because you were honest. Well, I gotta go. I have to do a whole break up thing. I think it's safe to say you should expect Anna round here pretty soon. You guys have a lot of catching up to do." He winked and left, and I smiled to myself.

Tré was fucking awesome.

*A/N I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH OMFG. Please comment and I swear I'll reply to every single one. I want to know what you guys think of the book so far. Please comment :D Love you all.

Sopheh :3

PS. Two updates in one night? Got to be worth a comment, right? xx :D*