04

Niall Horan

May 25th, London.

Too say my day couldn't of gotten any crazier was a lie, after spending the day around the band in rehearsals we were eventually told to leave, that was after me and Louis pissed off the stage directors by pressing the button that cut off the electrics to the entire arena, i thought it was funny but apparently we were 'wasting precious time'.

After that I hung out at the little flat we shared, we lived there for about a year together after we formed a band, later that night I went to the shops to get beer, skittles, crisps, m&ms, basically alot of junk food but I was walking back through the alleys when I heard muffled screaming coming from the corner, I immediately knew something was wrong, and i was right when I saw a man shoving a girl up against the wall, covering her mouth, it was obvious she didn't know him by the way she was crying and struggling.

I was able to beat the shit out of the man, and I'm not trying to brag or flex or anything but I'm sure I at least knocked him out with a concussion, two black eyes, a busted lip, broken nose, and probably more, I don't regret a single part of it, if I could go back I'd probably spend another minute or two beating him.

I was left with a terrified girl, I felt so bad for her at that time, considering she was almost assaulted, I wanted to make sure she was safe. I offered her water and she was pretty hesitant to take it, I realised how creepy I looked, I wouldn't have taken it, but I wouldn't do anything like that to the water.

I walked her out the alley way, she stayed a few steps behind me, I understand she needed space, she was probably scared it would happen again. She looked quite young, she was wearing a school uniform, which made my heart break knowing something like that almost happened to someone so young, she looked to be around my age, and I'm young too. She had long dark brown wavy, almost curly hair, she had blue/grey eyes, and was about 5,3". She was pretty and I couldn't deny that, but I didn't want to stare at her after what I saw. I needed to make her comfortable around me because I knew I couldn't let her walk home alone, I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't know she was safe.

I took her to a bench and I started talking to her. She told me her name was Aycie, I've never heard that name before but I like it a lot. I guess Niall isn't a common name in England either. She also told me she was 17 so she was a year younger than me, knowing her age I offered her some skittles and beer. I didn't want to offer it to her if she was way below the legal age, but most 17 year olds drink here anyway. She took the beer but declined the skittles, she seemed to relax the more I talked. I also may off slightly interrogated her on why she was walking through the alleys at night, it wasn't a smart decision on her behalf but she explained that she wanted to get home before her mum would shout at her. I told her that her mum shouting at her would have been better than being... you know, and she seemed to understand, she said she'd never do it again.

The best thing I learnt about her was how good she was at writing songs, she showed me her notebook, only one page, but it had the lyrics to what I could guess to be a very upbeat song, she was really talented and I wanted to perform the song, it looked like something I'd like to sing, I wanted to see more of her songs but i didn't want to push my luck, she also listed some chords and the tabs for a solo at the bottom of the page, with further investigation I found out she plays guitar, which was perfect considering I do too. I also told her about me competing in a band on the X factor, I assumed she didn't know because she didn't recognise me, and she looked really shocked, it boosted my ego a lot.

The more I talked to her the more I was enjoying her company, it was lonely here sometimes and I often spend my nights walking around the streets. I love the boys but living with them can be intense, there's always shouting, fighting and chaos going on. I am responsible for about half of that chaos, I like to wind them up, but even I like a bit of peace sometimes, so when they are arguing between themselves I like to take myself out of there and walk around, maybe go to the shop, or sometimes I sit by a nearby river that goes through the city, I like to watch the lights reflect off it, it's calming. So talking to Aycie you could say was like a breath of fresh air, I was excited that she loved music, I could tell by the thickness of the notebook she showed me that she dedicated a lot of time to it, I wanted to hear her singing and playing guitar, we were on a Bench though, so when she asked to hear me play I immediately accepted her request. I told her I'd bring Keith to her tomorrow so she could watch me play, and I knew I'd also get her to play as well, I just didn't tell her incase she was shy about performing and tried to avoid seeing me again.