26

Aycie Locke

June 28th, Las Vegas

Bang. Bang. Bang

I shoot my eyes open at the sound and don't take a second to think before I untangle myself out the sheets and run over to the door, I fumble around with the handle as I'm practically shaking with stress, I yank it down and pull it open but I'm met with an eery, quiet corridor.

I look down the corridors to see no one in sight.

Did I dream that?

My heart drops again, remembering how close I was too my dad, so many questions were circling my head, but I just wondered what he looked like, where he was, and why was he back now?

I breathe unsteadily as I softly shut the door, my eyes catch on to the dried up blood where wood was splintered and I close my eyes at the violent image.

I go back over to the bed and see Niall knocked out on the bed, fresh stitches on his forehead as his body was covered in bruises, his eye was turning dark purple and there was a cut on his top lip, along with another small one on the bridge of his nose

I feel a splitting pain sear through my head and I lift my hand up to the area, feeling dried out blood scab over the tender skin

All the little details start coming back to me as I felt like I had been in a dream for the past few hours.

The first thing I remember being a little clip of me slamming my fists into Harry as he blocked the exit, my breath hitches in my throat as I feel my heart ache with guilt, what if i hurt him?

What if he never speaks to me again?

My head starts pounding as I think about the possibility that I've just lost my only friends, how on earth would he want me as his song writer after I tried to hurt him.

Things right now feel way too painful to live with, I'm just stood in the middle of a dark hotel room as colourful led lights illuminate it in different colours, I feel so stuck, there is nothing I can do to fix things right now, it's the middle of the night and everyone's asleep, it's just me and my guilty conscience that keeps telling me I've done it this time.

I've gone and lost all this and I'm back to square one.

I go to check the time on my phone and see that it's 1am.

I think me and Niall went to sleep at about 2pm but I don't trust myself enough to be sure of that.

However it'd definitely been long enough for the medication had definitely worn off as I could feel sharp aching throbbing through my hand and it feels too painful to move, and this might just be the worst headache of my life.

I was sure the medication wasn't working so I went over to my suitcase and rustled through it until I felt a cold bottle graze my uninjured hand, I pull out the bottle of champagne John had given me.

I unwrap the little tinfoil seal over it and I'm faced with something I knew would be making a loud 'pop' from all the movies I'd watched where they opened champagne.

Normally they were celebrating.

Luckily my thumbs were untouched from any stitches or glue so I held the bottle away from me as I pushed on the cork, it did not disappoint.

A loud sound echoed through the room as it flew somewhere hitting the wall opposite me, I nervously looked over to see Niall still dead asleep, by some kind of miracle.

I felt cold liquid spilling on my foot and I flinch back to see champagne pooling onto the floor below me, I put my palm over the opening of the bottle walking over to the little study desk in the corner of the room where I pull out the chair sitting down with my drink as my note book and pen sits in front of me