21

Niall Horan

Las Vegas, 26th June

This morning I woke up in a perfect world, it was 3am since we went to bed early and the first thing I could see was neon led lights lighting up the city through the large window

I looked down to my side to see Aycie sleeping peacefully. Her body had untangled itself from all the sheets, she was probably too warm underneath them. Her legs had curled up into a ball and her face squished against the side of the mattress as it laid facing me just centimetres from my chest, her arms were wrapped around Gus holding him to her stomach with a sense of protection over it, that damn giraffe got more love than me.

I almost felt bad for what I did to her just before we went to sleep. But she was being stubborn, I just wanted to see her admit that it felt good, but she just wouldn't. I know she's new to all of this but I don't get why she wouldn't let herself answer me after I promised I'd do anything she wanted me too, if anyone gave me that offer I'd take it up so fast.

It was even harder for me to control myself, the self discipline it took for me to stop everything and take her back off me was record breaking, it's like she had been teasing me all day and I couldn't even do anything about it, im not used to being that physically close to someone without having sex with them, but I had to treat this differently, i know I couldn't just throw her in the deep end and get that intimate with her after we'd only kissed, she was art, and I knew I planned to take my sweet time with her because that's what you do with a masterpiece.

It would probably kill me though.

There's no way I'd rather die.

But Aycie wasn't just something I looked at with pure desire, I had a lot of respect and admiration for her, I think I was able to prove that to myself when I went back down to the pool and ripped into the band for how they stared at Aycie and made snarky little remarks which probably made her so uncomfortable.

I can't believe I actually had to remind them that she was our songwriter and not a groupie that they would bring backstage to hookup with before the show. That girl would write any song they requested her too and she made our life's so much easier, to be fair they did look really guilty after I made them realise what had happened, at least Harry had the decency to apologise and fix things with her, I wasn't sure what the rest of them planned to do when they wanted to request another song from her, but that's their problem now.

I found myself falling back asleep because I didn't want to move and risk waking her up, she looked so cosy and peaceful that I'd be willing to just admire her in-front of me for however long until she woke up, but I ended up drifting back off.

I woke up again 2 hours later and she was still sleeping, how on earth was she able to sleep this long?

I turned onto my back and scrolled on my Twitter for hours as she continued to let small breathes leave her mouth every few seconds, her eyes dead still as the only thing that moved was her chest.

"Aycie" I whisper as I try to shake her awake gently, she'd been sleeping 18 fucking hours now, that isn't normal, I would have thought she was dead if I couldn't see her breathing.

I bring my hands up to her eyelids chuckling quietly to myself as I pry them open, she must of felt this happening because she flinched backwards and screwed her eyes shut tight.

After a few seconds she opened them a little and a little smile had appeared when she saw me as she closed them again and moved herself closer to me, she rest her head on the skin of my stomach as she began to let herself go back to sleep, as much as I wanted her to fall back asleep on me I couldn't help but be confused on how she could still feel tired.