06

Niall Horan

May 26th, London.

I watched the two interact after I had introduced them to each-other, Harry went in straight for a hug, which caught her off guard, he had pulled her in and patted her back, similar to how a dad would, which just made me scrunch my face up in confusion, Harry acted really strange sometimes.

"Hi there" he spoke confidently pulling away and finally looking to see what the person he just engulfed looked like, he smiled at her and she smiled back timidly, i saw his eyes look up and down her quickly, I wanted to punch him, maybe that's dramatic.

"Okay so Aycie here has written this song that we came up with a name for, it's called fireproof, and I'm telling you Harry, I swear to god, she's some kind of musical genius because this is fucking sick" I start explaining what's happening here.

"Do I get to hear it?" He asks picking up on my enthusiasm and getting himself hyped up.

He was always good at matching someone's energy.

"Yeah, I helped her finish it today, we added a guitar solo and it's perfect. Just go sit over on the sofa and I'll be there now" I said waving them both off to go to the sofa, I headed to the kitchen and made Aycie a glass of water, I felt the need to because she made me one but I might have been overthinking it. I could hear Harry talking to Aycie considering it was an open plan floor, i could also see them for that matter.

"I like your braids they're cute" I heard Harry say in the most obvious voice of my life, I wanted to personally go in there and tell him to shut the fuck up because I knew he was going to do this, every single woman that enters this house, he tries hitting on them, it drive me insane sometimes.

"Thank you, you have nice hair too" I heard her say politely, she was too naive for her own good, i would have bolted for the door if I was a girl being stared down by him.

"Really you wanna feel it?" He said tipping his head down so she could easily reach for it, I got there just in time to shove his head back up and push it backwards.

"Behave" I mumbled giving him a death stare.

"Here" I pass Aycie the water, she thanked me like it was gold, smiling and sitting like she was in a palace. I could tell she felt shy, she was getting really polite and well mannered, I felt like I was hosting someone from the first class section on the Titanic.

"Relax, I won't bite you" Harry said laughing and pushing at her elbow playfully making Aycie break a small genuine smile.

"See I told you, you have nothing to worry about" I assured her before sitting down grabbing the guitar and putting capo on the third fret.

"Okay you ready?" I look over to her to see her now sat cross legged leaning back on the sofa in a much comfortable position, her hands played with the cuffs on her jeans, she looked more relaxed now, she nodded in response.

I played the intro to the song i had got to know earlier on.

Considering we all had a passion for music and it consumed a big chunk of our time, it wasn't awkward for us to listen to someone else sing. We were always improvising parts and sometimes they sounded great when we took the risk, sometimes it sounded horrible and we all agreed that we wouldn't ridicule each other when that happened cause we knew how bad it felt. I think Aycie recognised this because she was a lot less nervous now than she was before.

she starts singing, hearing her sing made me smile, it was like a reflex, she had such a beautiful voice that complimented the song so well. I'm sure she would actually go far if she did compete on the X-factor.